Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so in Houston i would acquire very useful stuff from the dumpster behind a medical supply warehouse. It wasn't illegal i checked to stop the trolls. Unfortunately i lost my lidocain, and injectable antibiotics in the move to KY...
Just for everyone's information i have extensive professional medical knowledge.
So now i am have a full trauma surgery chest but no topical pain management i couldn't imagine debriding a gunshot wound without lidocaine. and i couldnt imagine staving off the massive infection from a gun shot would or severe laceration with out antibiotics.
so does anyone have any advice on how and where i could get lidocaine or ciprofloxacin with out a prescription legally. These drugs are legal to own just need a prescription to aquire.

·
Certified Organic Grower
4,969 Posts
If you really have a RX for the drugs and lost them, contact your Dr. and have them verbal a script to your new pharmacy.
A patient with the condition you've described would have seen a doctor and received treatment/drugs.
The body builds an immune reaction to antibiotics with extended use, making the dosage requirements increase over time to give the same effect.
Antibiotics can become near useless if overused.

See a doc and get a script.
Otherwise dumpster diving for drugs can lead you into much bigger problems...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you really have a RX for the drugs and lost them, contact your Dr. and have them verbal a script to your new pharmacy.
A patient with the condition you've described would have seen a doctor and received treatment/drugs.
The body builds an immune reaction to antibiotics with extended use, making the dosage requirements increase over time to give the same effect.
Antibiotics can become near useless if overused.

See a doc and get a script.
Otherwise dumpster diving for drugs can lead you into much bigger problems...
no rx for lidocaine just a need it to complete my home surgery play set haha just kidding but i know how to use them responsibly and in a world without doctors i dont want to have to use an anesthetic such as ether etc. I would rather use a locally injected anesthetic to avoid complications

·
Certified Organic Grower
4,969 Posts
Injectables have the shortest shelf life of most all drug forms.
Many are heat/light sensitive too...

·
Pleasantly demented woman
3,760 Posts
I'm thinking you'd need more than a local to debride a chest wound.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking you'd need more than a local to debride a chest wound.
well a chest wound would be a little complicated ie chest tube, king LT, etc etc but yes a local could be used in that case. though debriding a chest wound through the plueral cavity would require less intrusive debridement of muscle and skin tissue and ensure that the hemorrhaging does not drain into the plueral cavity. thats what the chest tube is for. A deflated lung can reninflate depending on the level of trauma

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What you're talking about breaks a number of Federal Hazardous Waste and/or FDA pharmaceutical regs. But with your "extensive professional medical knowledge" you would also have already known that. I only have "limited unprofessional health awareness" and knew it. So one of us is full of ........
as stated before there is a sharps disposall container, a biohazard container, and .... a dumpster for all other office trash

·
sturm maus
924 Posts
I will play a lil....I work for a medical supply/dme co. we carry some non controled supplies...the things we have to"throw away before our accredation" is sicking....unless your a guy like me...I have ambu bags and truthfull things that exceed my medical knowledge but Im tryn to learn...but its gov waste/your tax dollars at work...when other cannot get it...but yes we have to show things disposed of that is a literal gold mine..who knew bandages go bad..well let a dme or med supply co get caught with petro gauze outa date...were screwed..

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will play a lil....I work for a medical supply/dme co. we carry some non controled supplies...the things we have to"throw away before our accredation" is sicking....unless your a guy like me...I have ambu bags and truthfull things that exceed my medical knowledge but Im tryn to learn...but its gov waste/your tax dollars at work...when other cannot get it...but yes we have to show things disposed of that is a literal gold mine..who knew bandages go bad..well let a dme or med supply co get caught with petro gauze outa date...were screwed..
I know alot of the stuff i have like guaze and chest tubes etc are expired but still functional

·
Banned
790 Posts
It would seem to me that someone with "extensive professional medical knowledge" would already know of legitimate sources for these drugs without dumpster diving or having to ask in internet forums.

They would also presumably know that there is no legal way to get prescription drugs without a prescription. Drugs are either over-the-counter or they are not. Furthermore, if the medication is in the dumpster, it may be because it was recalled, didn't meet quality controls, spoiled due to improper storage, contaminated, or any number of reasons. Medical supply companies are for-profit businesses. They do not toss out useable items just for the heck of it.

Anyway, good luck with your project. :confused:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have a mental picture of someone diving into a dumpster and popping back up with a few dozen syringes sticking out of them.

Can't you get prescription drugs sent here from Canada? Maybe that's been closed off. I don't know.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts