Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Grevcon 10
13,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Medical companies across the country right now that don't currently have outbreaks are right now hemorrhaging money because of the lack of drug-seekers, attention seekers, and a horde of unnecessary medical care. At this point they NEED an outbreak. COVID is guaranteed money right now and they're starving for it. This is leading them to actively push for opening of quarantines and generating major propaganda efforts in a genuine effort to accelerate the pandemic for profit. They are deliberately feeding bad advice to local and state governments in order to pressure them into opening so that more people will get sick.

Trash me all you want. I've had to sit and listen to administrators (NOT front-line workers) discuss this on and on for few weeks now and literally get excited to the point of giddiness when talking about how cases will take off soon thanks to loosening of quarantines. This is what's happening plain and simple. I'm getting so sick of this stuff and hearing them talk about how it's for the 'long term good' for the pandemic to flare so that the medical industry can thrive and grow.

Nothing about what is happening now is being done is out of concern for the well-being of the public. It's going to get ugly, they know it's going to get ugly, and that is exactly according to plan. Hearing someone giggle about how they're going to fill up the COVID floor just sent me over the edge. I'm so ****ed off right now I just had to vent and let someone know what the hell is going on.

·
Grevcon 10
13,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As for the actual front line medical workers, they're all just trying to not get laid off and the labor market's flipped so they're taking pay cuts, loss of benefits, loss of comforts, loss of safety, etc. Job security is seriously hurting because so many non-hospital clinics and such are shut down. If the hospital, ER, urgent care, etc, forces them to quit they don't think they'll be able to get a job. A 180 degree turn from the job market before this.

I'll say, that's one spot I was wrong. I thought they'd be able to find other work and the hospitals and such would run out of workers. At least most of them and there's be a few stragglers stuck with the hospitals. Nope. They've successfully managed to flip things so that almost all medical workers are so desperate for employment they'll put up with anything. Because patient counts have been kept low enough so far that they can afford to run with practically no staff and it's gone on long enough to get rid of the competition.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
The joy of "for profit healthcare".

The more sick you have, the more you make. The longer they stay sick, the more you make. The less people you need to employ regardless of the care you give your patients, the more you make.
Probably the reason we will never see a vaccine. Why cure something that will make you billions of dollars year after year?

·
Only politics *****.
5,682 Posts
Probably the reason we will never see a vaccine. Why cure something that will make you billions of dollars year after year?
There's plenty of countries hit without "for profit healthcare". I expect the vaccine to come out of one of those. I think there are several non profit organizations working on a vaccine in the US too.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Of course! They need numbers to justify the insanity they set in motion!
Without enough corpses with the correct certificate attached to it, people will start asking questions.

·
Over and Out
3,708 Posts
...Nothing about what is happening now is being done is out of concern for the well-being of the public. It's going to get ugly, they know it's going to get ugly, and that is exactly according to plan. Hearing someone giggle about how they're going to fill up the COVID floor just sent me over the edge....
Well...

:thumb: (not 'endorsing', just sayin...

...The time for 'retribution' for the incorrigably-corrupt 'PTB' to Pay for their All their sins against The People, Will Come, and that time Could come as soon as, ie: IF they start sending people Into homes to 'separate and sack out the sick', as-per the World Hubris Org, during the (undoubted..) 'second wave'... ya, That :taped:'s... not gonna fly, nosireee...

Hang in there, Chief.. :cool:

jd

·
Grevcon 10
13,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Of course! They need numbers to justify the insanity they set in motion!
Without enough corpses with the correct certificate attached to it, people will start asking questions.
They don't care why people get sick. In fact they've spent months trying to hide the pandemic because they wanted to keep functioning as normal selling frivolous clinic appointments and elective procedures. They shot themselves in the foot. They allowed the pandemic to spread too much and now it's too big for them to operate with their normal business model, but too small to operate as dedicated COVID hospitals.

They thought they'd win regardless. Now they've ended up in a sweet spot where they're convinced every medical facility in the country without a REAL outbreak is going to go bankrupt because they can't get back to normal any time soon. They're not exaggerating ANYTHING, they're not making up anything. They started off hiding and under-reporting the virus, and they're continuing to do so. The medical industry only wins when they ignore or downplay the pandemic. They either need their frivolous stuff, or they need real COVID cases. One of those things have to be racking up bills.

They wanted to keep going like normal PLUS have COVID cases. But the quarantine is destroying both revenue sources and they need it gone immediately. Faking COVID cases only hurts them. They're not doing that whatsoever. They're pushing the statistics down, not up. Fake cases don't make money. They need people to have COVID for real. They need people to stop avoiding getting the virus both because they need people to start signing up for unnecessary medical care again, and they need people filling up the in-patient floors with real serious cases of COVID.

·
Grevcon 10
13,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So virology plays no part or is it an ancillary part to profit margins?
Does it play a part at the business level? No. Once you hit a certain point in the medical industry decision making is 100% about whatever you have to do to increase profit margins. It's really gross. It's been an utter mess of incompetence piled upon incompetence in the financial and logistical conversations, but what's best from a scientific perspective just isn't part of the conversations. They lie to the real medical people below the business level though. To a pathological point these days. Everyone knows they're lying, it turns most people's stomachs, but not much you can do about it. They're the ones with the checks.

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
...They need people to stop avoiding getting the virus both because they need people to start signing up for unnecessary medical care again, and they need people filling up the in-patient floors with real serious cases of COVID.
They will not be the ones risking their health by being in the same room as the sick. Hire another college student and let them take all the physical risk.

·
Earthquake Prepper
215 Posts
Trash me all you want. I've had to sit and listen to administrators (NOT front-line workers) discuss this on and on for few weeks now and literally get excited to the point of giddiness when talking about how cases will take off soon thanks to loosening of quarantines. This is what's happening plain and simple. I'm getting so sick of this stuff and hearing them talk about how it's for the 'long term good' for the pandemic to flare so that the medical industry can thrive and grow.
Where do you work where you are hear medical administrators express this sentiment with such giddiness?

·
Bugged out already
4,186 Posts
There can be nothing further from than the preposition of this threat. Why would the medical industry want to shut down the one area where the make money (surgeries and other invasive procedures) just to be substituted in inpatient and ICU care where most hospitals loose money. No one in the industry wants this as it will drive them to financial ruin.

·
Retired curmudgeon
19,093 Posts
Yeah, I'm calling BS too

There can be nothing further from than the preposition of this threat. Why would the medical industry want to shut down the one area where the make money (surgeries and other invasive procedures) just to be substituted in inpatient and ICU care where most hospitals loose money. No one in the industry wants this as it will drive them to financial ruin.
What makes hospitals more money, covid patients or knee and hip replacements ($44,000), bypass surgeries ($75,345), kidney transplants ($260,000), $1,000 a pop ER visits, echo-cardiograms, CT scans, PET scans etc, etc.

The money-making doctors have been furloughed.

·
Cross-eyed Target Shooter
1,293 Posts
That is why it is called "THE HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY" !

It is NOT about making people better and healthier! It IS about generating revenue on MANY different levels on the backs of the sick and injured! Useless tests, Unnecessary treatments that don't work for diseases, prescriptions that aren't needed, checkups that are not needed, etc, etc.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Medical companies across the country right now that don't currently have outbreaks are right now hemorrhaging money because of the lack of drug-seekers, attention seekers, and a horde of unnecessary medical care. At this point they NEED an outbreak. COVID is guaranteed money right now and they're starving for it. This is leading them to actively push for opening of quarantines and generating major propaganda efforts in a genuine effort to accelerate the pandemic for profit. They are deliberately feeding bad advice to local and state governments in order to pressure them into opening so that more people will get sick.

Nothing about what is happening now is being done is out of concern for the well-being of the public. It's going to get ugly, they know it's going to get ugly, and that is exactly according to plan. Hearing someone giggle about how they're going to fill up the COVID floor just sent me over the edge. I'm so ****ed off right now I just had to vent and let someone know what the hell is going on.

I am sorry but did you miss the memo of 1 in 250 american is infected test positive and statistically 1 in 25 to 50 americans has already been infected.

Did you miss the memo that more Americans have died of COVID than the vietnam war?

The president had to sign an executive order to keep meat on your table... where is the absence of a medical problem this thread purports?

People claiming there is no serious medical issue for hospitals to deal with is hogwash.

Hospitals have had to call in support staff from retired and anywhere possible at 20$ more an hour

it is a big massive problem. They are not dreaming of having way more patients.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/bill-g...ons-of-dollars-foundation-focus-only-covid-19

·
Earthquake Prepper
215 Posts
I have to say, most people are sitting around on their asses, hiding out in their caves or whatever and just opining on **** from the comfort and safety of their homes while doctors and nurses and janitors, lab techs in hospitals and all sorts of other people are literally getting sick or dying of COVID-19 because they are working without PPE. Doctors and nurses are not the police or the military where they sign up knowing they might get killed. But here they are, every day, in almost every city in America showing up and saving lives at the risk of their own.

The idea that the medical community is HAPPY about coronavirus is such ****.

The idea that the medical community is PROFITING from coronavirus is ****.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
What makes hospitals more money, covid patients or knee and hip replacements ($44,000), bypass surgeries ($75,345), kidney transplants ($260,000), $1,000 a pop ER visits, echo-cardiograms, CT scans, PET scans etc, etc.

The money-making doctors have been furloughed.
Or more importantly, all those expensive facilities: surgical suites, sleep labs, MRI, laparoscopic surgery, rehab, etc are all sitting unused. Nurses can be reassigned, and, doctors are often 1099 employees ( if they work for the hospital at all , but an unused MRI is money lost forever.

And I can’t imagine the worker comp issues coming from real or presumed occupational exposure with less than recommended PPE.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts