Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more for health care professionals...
EMT's, Paramedics, Military Medics, Dr.'s, Nurses, First Responders, SAR...
What do you carry in your jump bags? What, beyond the typical first aid kit bandaids and bactine do you have with you (I assume usually in your vehicle, home or work)? I am trying to find a healthy medium between the kitchen sink and alcohol swabs...does anyone carry airways, IV's, BVM's, etc...?
If possible it would be great to see photos of your kits. I followed the lead of my EMT school and actually bought a Bass Pro Shops soft side tackle box...inside you can fill it with the plastic boxes for organizing, however I haven't stocked it with anything, and as a Basic my scope of practice is somewhat limited...But what do you have?

·
Registered
20 Posts
In mine I got normal bandages of all sizes. Also triangle bandages and splints for breaks. We also carry O2, plus I have c-collars for accidents. Most meds can't be carried off the job. So unless you steal or are a doc, can't have the meds. Of course, in a SHTF, who cares about that.

·
Banned
653 Posts
I keep full stock of BLS supplies, + advanced airway supplies, IV supplies, sutures and minor surgery supplies, and assorted medications, several antibiotics both PO and IV as well as drugs such as multi dose epi, multi dose benadryl, Solu-Medrol, promethazine, torodol, 2% lidocane, atropine and 2-pam chloride. I also carry APAP, ibuprofen, pepto tabs, Imodium AD and several other OTC drugs....

When you know a like minded doc who also preps, if they trust you they'll write you whatever you need......I have an RX sticker across all my Rx meds w/ my name on it....now the pharmacist looked at me a little funny, but oh well...

Also to add to the last poster, some areas let medics carry full bags off duty, I have one (on top of my personal bag) and also have a semi automatic defib and o2 supplies in my trunk thanks to work. Around here as long as were within the county we have full medical authorization to do what we normally would from our medical control as long as the individual is going to be transported to the ER.

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me too! OK, maybe a bit too restrictive...I imagine there are many folks that have the knowledge to use more than bandaids...so let's see them, people! you roll up on an accident...whatcha got?:D:

·
Registered
156 Posts
This is a bag my brother and I worked on. It's a MOLLE pack I picked up at CTD locally.

My Father was a FF/Paramedic for around 25 years and my brother is working on his Paramedic this year. I am hoping to find a course to get my EMT-B soon as well.

Outside.JPG
Outside of the bag, shows Shears and Personal Marker Light

IMG_7805.JPG
MOLLE EMT Pouch:
Bandages
Gloves
Visine
Swimmer's Ear
Alchohol Prep Pads

IMG_7806.JPG
Bottom of pack:
CPR Mask
Triangular Bandages
EpiPen
Sterile Gauze
Burn Gel
1.5" Tape
OB Kit
Rolled Gauze

IMG_7807.JPG
First Compartment:
Ammonia Inhalents
Sting Swabs
Instant Ice Packs
Glucose
Penlight
Pens
Stethoscope
Surgical Gloves
Finger Splints

Overall Inside.JPG
Overall view of main compartment

IMG_7809.JPG
Sam Splints
BVM
Flashlight
Alcohol
BP Cuff
Glucometer
IV Kit
Burn Sheets
ABD Pads
Goggles
Sterile Water

IMG_7808.JPG
Kerlix
Dressing Sponges
Stretch Tape
4x4s
5x9s
8x10s
Gloves

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are all great. I am about to re-do my first aid kit; first aid going into the molle assault pack and it's current stuff (BOB) going into a small ALICE pack...

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked up a few rolls of small gauze, a couple fat rolls, some 4x4 pads, a box of alcohol wipes, and some tape the last couple days at the dollar store...getting ready to put my bag together.

--Has anyone seen the Stomp II bag that a guy "put together" on Zombie Squad? It's really unbelievable...and I mean UNBELIEVABLE. I don't even think he's an EMT-B and he has ALS stuff, IV's and even meds like morphine. I'll try to shanghai his pics and post some here...but for now it's bedtime!:sleep:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't see a BVM for the King air way. Even if you could use advanced air way procedures for somebody what would the point be, they are usually dead when they are applied. Use the money and the space for more usefull items.

·
Chains keep us together.
22,136 Posts
5th pic down is the BVM in a green bag. I've sensed replaced it with a different one. the NAR was a pretty cheap product.
I got three of them pretty cheap but the whole thing smells really bad to breath with, not that that matters but the Ambu is made a lot better just a lot of space. It will fit in a utility pouch so I think it's going outside the bag soon.
The CT-6 traction splint is pretty cool but I left it out of the pics.

but yeah the BVM and king are a waste of space probably. this is my third bag and its the biggest, I like the new M9 bag a little better but its about 1/3 the volume.

·
Chains keep us together.
22,136 Posts
My first bag I built was a Mike bag. built it about 2 years ago, didnt really know what I was doing then.

it's just a hobby!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts