Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this 12 gauge reloader I'm new but interested I'm not even sure if this reloader is still functional... Does anyone know anything about this it can you steer me in the right direction?

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,732 Posts
They are very good reloaders.

It depends on what's wrong, condition and price.

All the parts are replaceable and you can order new ones easy enough.

If you buy it, buy the universal charge bar for it. They are easily adjusted and you don't have to mess with all the different bars and bushing for your different types of loads.

I do have a lots of charge bars and bushings I'd sell if you find yourself in need. I bought the universal charge bars for both of mine. I've got the 700 Versa Mecs in 12 and 20 which are just about the same as the 600's and 650's

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
if it needs to be rebuilt mec can rebuild it for pretty cheap. not much can go wrong and some things do wear out. check out the reloading section of shotgunworld and look for the top threads. the 9000 adjustment can help on adjusting the mec. dont forget you need a supersizer if you plan on shooting the reloaded rounds from different shotguns.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are very good reloaders.

It depends on what's wrong, condition and price.

All the parts are replaceable and you can order new ones easy enough.

If you buy it, buy the universal charge bar for it. They are easily adjusted and you don't have to mess with all the different bars and bushing for your different types of loads.

I do have a lots of charge bars and bushings I'd sell if you find yourself in need. I bought the universal charge bars for both of mine. I've got the 700 Versa Mecs in 12 and 20 which are just about the same as the 600's and 650's

I will definitely keep that in mind, and thank you.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Great reloaders. We have one that's seen probably in excess of 100,000 rounds with 4 of us shooting competitively over the years. The only problem we ever had with it was the shot bottle breaking loose and needing to be brazed back on. I see that they now have a bracket that helps support the bottles and I would HIGHLY recommend that. Nothing sucks worse than trying to clean up after a full bottle of shot breaks off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can always write MEC for the instruction manual, and while they will provide you with one, but they will also include a bill for it to.
Thanks, I printed a PDF of the owners manual off the site all seems to he In order I will start to slowly invest in my new reloader now I have to figure formulas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts