Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm voting Mccain. There, I said it. I think a vote for someone who has no realistic chance of winning the presidency might as well be a vote for Obama.

I understand the principle of it all, I do. However, it will be cold comfort when Obama is in the White House. (Yes I know, this has been beaten to death on other threads).

I also wish I could tell people I was voting for Mccain out there in the "real world" without fear of having to defend life and limb or being called a racist. I'm sure I am not the only one that feels that way.

There are also other boards I hang out on from time to time where anyone who even suggests voting for Mccain is harrassed and flamed with such hatred and vitriol, it scares me.

For some reason, (hopefully valid). I feel more comfortable here.

I love you guys, man! (Said in drunken slur). LOL

Seriously though, survivalists may be considered spooky or crazy, but there seems to be more respect for diverse opinions here.

Isn't that ironic? Fringe tolerance?

Have a nice night and Godspeed!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm voting Mccain. There, I said it. I think a vote for someone who has no realistic chance of winning the presidency might as well be a vote for Obama.
Your assertion is based on the premise that those of us who vote third part would still prefer a McCain win over an Obama win. Since I don't think either is worth a damn, you are quite mistaken in this regard.

My vote for a third party is not "taking away" any votes from McCain (and thus is not a vote "for" Obama), since I wouldn't vote for McCain even if there was no LP.

(Although I'm even going to have to hold my nose when I pull the Libertarian lever this time)

·
Registered
103 Posts
There are also other boards I hang out on from time to time where anyone who even suggests voting for Mccain is harrassed and flamed with such hatred and vitriol, it scares me.
I just quit my membership in another board where I had been a member for 2 years because of this. I was the only conservative there and didn't speak up very often but I just got tired of the abuse and condescension whenever I did.

So much for the "tolerant" Left......:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts