Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could this explain why all these governments are taking such drastic actions? I looked it up and "Flu" was not discovered until 1933..makes me wonder.

·
Swirl Herder
3,695 Posts

·
Registered
34,658 Posts
They have extracted "Spanish flu" from permafrost in Alaska.
This isn't it.

If you keep digging you'll discover THIS IS NORMAL.

It happened OVER AND OVER every 20 years or so going back through the 1800's. (And I assume earlier)

1. They called it something different than "flu" in those days.
2. It was much more localized due to people traveling less.

·
Semper Fi
8,931 Posts
They have extracted "Spanish flu" from permafrost in Alaska.
This isn't it.

If you keep digging you'll discover THIS IS NORMAL.

It happened OVER AND OVER every 20 years or so going back through the 1800's. (And I assume earlier)

1. They called it something different than "flu" in those days.
2. It was much more localized due to people traveling less.
I believe it was referred to as the "grip".

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,639 Posts
Could this explain why all these governments are taking such drastic actions?
Well, right now that question requires a lot of 1+1 assessments, speculation, and reading between the lines.

The starting point is that China is an evil nation with a history of murdering or oppressing its people, and a history of dishonesty, and is a deeply proud nation. Given that it would be embarrassing and deter global trade and tourism, it seems easy to conclude that China has drastically downplayed the seriousness of this disease. It has simultaneously ordered a strictly enforced quarantine over much of the nation and taken rather brutal and extreme measures to enforce it.

There is at least some evidence to support the theories of significant more seriousness and illnesses and deaths.
* The doctor who discovered it was arrested and detained and silenced for a period of time as an anti China propagandist.
* Widely reported that a lot of incinerators are working frequently to burn in infected areas.
* Widely reported that people are being taken away never to be seen again. Youtube bloggists are among those disappearing.
* Media and information blackouts.
* "incorrect" larger numbers reported and then downscaled.
* Internal leaked reports indicating massive under-reporting.

And it's easy to delve into whether this was a accidentally or nefariously leaked bioweapon experiment from a lab in Wuhan. Go over to the conspiracy thread for that one.

The numbers in China, particularly the 5% fatality rate between dead and recovered populations, don't match other 1st world nations much higher fatality rates. So that's an obvious tell they have cooked the books.

It's my theory that China quickly (early January) knew or saw (or both) how lethal and contagious this was and went into quarantine mode. Other governments must know and followed suit.

For a trivial flu, this is in fact an over-reaction. But if it's a horrible contagion nightmare, the lock downs all make sense.

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Applying logic that is based on US population densities, US sanitation, and US medical care capability to a statistical group like the Chinese population is bad statistical analysis.

They are more crowded than any US city. Their idea of personal space would make most US citizens feel like they need a cigarette and a shower, if you get my drift. The rest of it doesn’t get any better...you simply cannot compare their situation to ours, we are NOT like populations.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,827 Posts
Could this explain why all these governments are taking such drastic actions? I looked it up and "Flu" was not discovered until 1933..makes me wonder.
It was called Influenza back from the 1500's to the 1800's. Doing my family history I found I lost several relatives back in those times to it. My ex husband caught the Hong Kong Flu when he was 9 in 1969. He nearly died from it. He spent nearly a month in the hospital.
https://www.foxnews.com/story/timeline-avian-and-pandemic-influenza

1 - 9 of 9 Posts