Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this has gotten nuts. $22.59/box for Federal American Eagle .308. $27.79/box for Sellier & Bellot .40 FMJ. $129.97/can for Russian 7.62x54r. Seriously; who the hell buys ammo from these people?

·
Registered
510 Posts
That's nuts. Paul's discount store over in Clinton, Iowa has 20 round boxes of .308 for $15. If I still had my .308 Spanish Mauser, I'd have cleaned the store out weeks ago. If anyone here who owns a .308 lives near the area, I think they still have plenty in stock, so get while the gettin's good.

·
SquiddusMaximus (Retired)
3,059 Posts
I refuse to buy anything from them because they only sell certain items, like ammo, to law enforcement.
I've bought ammo from them and they do not (or at least 3 months ago) didnt require LEO certs.

Then again their prices are so high now that if they were a person you wouldn't know if they were a hunchback or just their *ss showing over their shoulder with everything they are selling being at gouge prices now....

JM2C..

·
Strength and Honor
290 Posts
They are a business

The object of a business it to make money

Prices are based on supply and demand

Supply is low and demand is through the roof

We curse the government for infringing on our rights but we don't think this private business should be able charge what they want for their product? Why not just stop buying from them?

·
Take me out to the black
3,030 Posts
They are a business

The object of a business it to make money

Prices are based on supply and demand

Supply is low and demand is through the roof

We curse the government for infringing on our rights but we don't think this private business should be able charge what they want for their product? Why not just stop buying from them?
They can charge whatever they want and I can refuse to buy from them ever again.

I can also tell others that they shouldn't buy from them ever again because they are price gouging.

That is how market capitalism works.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
OK, this has gotten nuts. $22.59/box for Federal American Eagle .308. $27.79/box for Sellier & Bellot .40 FMJ. $129.97/can for Russian 7.62x54r. Seriously; who the hell buys ammo from these people?
Um ... no one is making you buy from them. Cancel your catalog subscription and buy your stuff somewhere else.

It really doesn't have to be all so dramatic. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
buyer beware alot of CTD cloned stuff is china made and we all know what kind of quality comes out of china. i know ,i know almost everything is made there but still buyer beware.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
They can charge whatever they want and I can refuse to buy from them ever again.

I can also tell others that they shouldn't buy from them ever again because they are price gouging.

That is how market capitalism works.
DING DING DING......

Tell EVERYONE, put them out of business.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts