Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Veteran 11BC2/EOD
2,020 Posts
Ive got a Gearslinger and a Jumbo as well. I have to say that new one is a biggie. The large flap on top does look good doesnt it? Im not seeing me getting one of those tho, I can carry way too much already. I just dont need to carry the weight over one shoulder, Id rather use the Gearslnger with the extra wide strap.

Still, looks like a good truck bag, no doubt

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Wow, that thing is a monster! I too have the Jumbo and can't imagine loading this other one up for should carry. There is a point where you need to transition to a backpack when the weight becomes too much. I was was carrying a bunch of paper/folders and/or a small laptop, this might be fine, but for regular gear...it's overkill as a shoulder bag.

ROCK6

·
Registered
148 Posts
i have used the kodiak, loved it. i had to switch to a condor II though. the kodiak would be good up to about 15 pounds of gear. i used it for my get home bag, which probably was over 20 pounds. I tried taking it on a hike for 10 miles, and it damn near killed my shoulder. if you are looking for something to hold about 15 pounds or less, i would seriously recommend it. excellent organization inside and out, lots of molle attachments.

now i'm in love with the condor II though, holds the weight i want and is more comfortable balanced between the two shoulder straps rather than one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, that thing is a monster! I too have the Jumbo and can't imagine loading this other one up for should carry. There is a point where you need to transition to a backpack when the weight becomes too much. I was was carrying a bunch of paper/folders and/or a small laptop, this might be fine, but for regular gear...it's overkill as a shoulder bag.

ROCK6
I would have to agree.
There is a point were you have to convert to a backpack for more efficient use. To simulate using a shoulder bag this size, before you buy one, go fill your gym bag with 10 lbs of gear. Walk a couple of miles with it on your shoulder and then you will realize why you can get too big.

On the other hand, as a bag for the truck, car or office. :thumb:

·
pack light, move quietly.
556 Posts
Just ordered the Fatboy S type

I decided for this bag I would go with a cross draw arrangement. It can be carried over either shoulder but will primarily by on my left side, right shoulder. I have the Gearslinger Sitka, and I love that bag, very well designed easy to organize in. The only problem as previously mentioned is that it is too big for single shoulder carry, really weighs a guy down and makes the shoulder ache. Anyway, I will check back and see if the thread is still alive in a few days, if so I will give a review on the Fatboy. The jumbo is for electricians and stuff, way too big IMHO.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I decided for this bag I would go with a cross draw arrangement. It can be carried over either shoulder but will primarily by on my left side, right shoulder. I have the Gearslinger Sitka, and I love that bag, very well designed easy to organize in. The only problem as previously mentioned is that it is too big for single shoulder carry, really weighs a guy down and makes the shoulder ache. Anyway, I will check back and see if the thread is still alive in a few days, if so I will give a review on the Fatboy. The jumbo is for electricians and stuff, way too big IMHO.

Thanks,
Rob
I am right handed but use the S types as well. I would carry my handgun on my hip and not in a bag.

I am still mumbling about trying the Mongo. It would allow me to pack a tarp, more stove fuel, a better med kit, and some more food. It will still fit in my little hiding place.

·
pack light, move quietly.
556 Posts
I am still mumbling about trying the Mongo.
I have had my fat-boy for a few days now. I went with the blue because I didn't want it looking so tacticool. I have the Gearslinger Sitka for when I want to pack a bit more. I am greatly enjoying the Fat-Boy as a possibles bag and have packed it with me almost everywhere. I have heard the thing about carrying on the body and I mostly do, but there is the rare occasion where a hip carry just doesn't seem like the best idea. So I carry my main weapon on my hip and my LCP in my possibles bag. I think just maybe the bigger versipacks would be too big. Anyway, all in all I think the one I have is a good bag.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm hoping to hear from someone who's actually used the Mongo. My Jumbo, even with radio pouch and 1st aid pouch on the straps, is a little too small. But I'm 220+ and heavy built so don't mind the weight so much ~;-)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm hoping to hear from someone who's actually used the Mongo. My Jumbo, even with radio pouch and 1st aid pouch on the straps, is a little too small. But I'm 220+ and heavy built so don't mind the weight so much ~;-)

Well it's got plenty of extra room. I am still kicking it around. Might just do it. Guy on Gunbroker has them for $110

1 - 10 of 10 Posts