Survivalist Forum banner

Maxpedition Mega Rollypolly Dump Pouch

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Nutjob Transplant 
#1 ·
From what I understand, the Maxpedition Mega Rollpolly Dump Pouch is marketed as a belt pouch - a pouch that you can wear on your belt, walk around and pick up stuff. Like if your going rock hunting, looking for arrow heads,,, stuff like that. Well, I dont do a lot of that kind of stuff, so I wanted to know if the Mega Rollpolly will adapt to what I need it for.

Here are some specs from the Maxpedition website - Rollypollly details:

Folded: 4" long x 4" wide x 2" thick
Open: 8" diameter, 11" tall
Total Volume: 500 cu. in.
Belt: Integral Closed Loop
Leg Strap: 1.5" adjustable leg strap included

Ok, so how much will the Mega Rollpolly hold? I decided to find out. This is what I was able to stuff into the pouch - but not all at the same time.

3 MREs
3 Eversafe meals
Sleeping pad - folded in half and rolled up.
cook set - canteen cup, 1 quart canteen, 32 ounce water bottle, alcohol stove, bottle of denatured alcohol, spoon, couple packs of noodles and spoon.

My opinion - the Maxpedition Mega Rollpolly is big enough to make a daypack out of. If I was going on a short walk, I think I would able to carry just about everything I needed - cell phone, gps, compass, meal, water bottle.

As for an expansion pouch on a backpack, I think it would work pretty good. My sleeping pad fit into the Mega Rollpolly with a little room to spare. So with 2 of these pouches, that would give you an extra 1,000 cubic inches for room, water, first aid kit, hammock, rain poncho, bivy,,,,, just all kinds of stuff.

Attachments

See less See more
1 3
#5 ·
Maxpedition Mega Rollypolly

That is a Magellan sleeping pad - bought from Academy sports and outdoors in Beaumont, Texas.

Its ability to fold in half is one reason why I bought it. It was packaged folded in half.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.