Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I understand, the Maxpedition Mega Rollpolly Dump Pouch is marketed as a belt pouch - a pouch that you can wear on your belt, walk around and pick up stuff. Like if your going rock hunting, looking for arrow heads,,, stuff like that. Well, I dont do a lot of that kind of stuff, so I wanted to know if the Mega Rollpolly will adapt to what I need it for.

Here are some specs from the Maxpedition website - Rollypollly details:

Folded: 4" long x 4" wide x 2" thick
Open: 8" diameter, 11" tall
Total Volume: 500 cu. in.
Belt: Integral Closed Loop
Leg Strap: 1.5" adjustable leg strap included

Ok, so how much will the Mega Rollpolly hold? I decided to find out. This is what I was able to stuff into the pouch - but not all at the same time.

3 MREs
3 Eversafe meals
Sleeping pad - folded in half and rolled up.
cook set - canteen cup, 1 quart canteen, 32 ounce water bottle, alcohol stove, bottle of denatured alcohol, spoon, couple packs of noodles and spoon.

My opinion - the Maxpedition Mega Rollpolly is big enough to make a daypack out of. If I was going on a short walk, I think I would able to carry just about everything I needed - cell phone, gps, compass, meal, water bottle.

As for an expansion pouch on a backpack, I think it would work pretty good. My sleeping pad fit into the Mega Rollpolly with a little room to spare. So with 2 of these pouches, that would give you an extra 1,000 cubic inches for room, water, first aid kit, hammock, rain poncho, bivy,,,,, just all kinds of stuff.

Attachments

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maxpedition Mega Rollypolly

thanks for that review. But can i ask what type of sleeping bad that is? mine is huge and cannot roll up like that.
That is a Magellan sleeping pad - bought from Academy sports and outdoors in Beaumont, Texas.

Its ability to fold in half is one reason why I bought it. It was packaged folded in half.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.