Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a small Maxpedition (or similar) bag which will hold a Nalgene water bottle (I use one everyday so I already have it with me, I'd just need to slip it in to the bag I want if I needed to bug out), a small PSK, a fixed blade knife (like Mora sized), possibly a PFD (one of the real small, packable ones), an extra pair of socks, maybe a lightweight hardshell and a Glock 19 w/ extra mag.

Is this doable? I have an EDC bag but it seems like this would be the ideal way to go to sort of keep these items separated from my more work related EDC gear (which I carry in a Swiss Gear laptop pack). I'd store the above setup in this EDC pack and then, if the SHTF, I'd just bug out with it, leaving the EDC pack. I could put it on my belt.

This way I could also pull it out and leave it home or something if I needed or wanted to. I'd really like it to hold the Glock and the Nalgene though.

Thoughts?

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
I suggest either the Maxpedition Condor-II or the Maxpedition Vulture-II

·
Registered
84 Posts
The maxpedition fanny pack/man purses work great to carry stuff. Just please don't think it is a good way to conceal carry a firearm. It carries the firearm just fine, but everyone knows there is a gun in there. With the amount that you are carrying (not much) you could get away with a light jacket from 5.11 or these guys. Then just clip the nalgene to you or however you normally carry it. http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/Tactical_Concealed_Carry_Clothing.shtml

·
Numquam Succumbe
4,173 Posts
Assuming that's ALL you want to put in it (with little room for other things), then I submit another vote for the Maxpedition Condor II. If you think you may want more space for only slightly more weight in the future, I'd definitely roll with the Maxpedition Vulture II.

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
Thermite - give that model a try

attach to leg - rear most compartment holds a nalgene bottle - other pockets for your other stuff - minus the glock - keep that on your chest

·
Banned
166 Posts
I find shoulder bags "flop around" too much when running, so I use a camelbak MULE. it seems like it would be about the right size. I have used this type of bag for years as a small EDC BOB in boy scouts (obviously no gun, but it would fit). I like backpacks more, so it works for me.

·
1 Thessalonians 4:11
437 Posts
I like the 5.11 PUSH pack. It's my EDC bag and I sometimes carry my pistol in it if on-body carry is not a viable option. The side pouches expand to hold a nalgene.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Maxpadition Vulture 11 and the M4 waist Pack to carry the water bottle. Top gear, you carnt go wrong. Also add the 7" x 5" pouches for general storage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts