Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently recieved a Maxpedition Condor II as a gift from my dad. I was so impressed with the quality I am considering purchasing the larger Vulture II from Maxpedition to be used as my BOB. I was wondering if any of you own this pack and if so what you think of it and how it would serve as a BOB.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I own the vulture 11 and I think its a great pack. I don't have it for a bob I use it for overnight camping. It might be a little small for a bob.

·
You looking at me!
4,028 Posts
I second that

I had the vulture II great pack, I sold it and got a USMC ILBE

this will be my BOB and hiking pack

the only thing with the vulture is you will need to buy at least 4-5 pouches to gain more space which then makes it fairly bulky, and theres no frame to it.
Also bear in mind these packs sit higher due to the military design which means all the weight is on your shoulders and the top of your spine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would like to see more input on this pack from others as I also have been looking into this pack to be set-up as a BOB.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
A little small for a good BOB but you can always attach pouches to hold more.

You need minimum 3 days food, water, shelter, fire, water filter, bladders, containers and perheaps weapons and ammunition. Kinda hard to fit it all in there.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
I have a maxpedition vulture II - its a good pack, I like it, but there are a few things that I dont like about it.

My coleman 32 degree bag will not fit into the pack.

The loops on the bottom of the pack are sewn too tight and do not have any slack. That means that I can not fit a nylon strap through the loop and attach a sleeping bag or bed roll.

I wish the pack had some smaller pouches on the outside of the pack. When it comes time to stop for a rest break, I do not like digging through larger pouches for insect repellent, maps, gps and extra map compass,,,,,,.

Review of the pack before I knew about the bottom loop issue.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Kev,
Was reading the issues your were having regarding the buckle of the strap not being able to pass through the loops on the bottom. Not sure what kind of straps your using but might I recommend finding different straps. I have ones I use for my sleeping bags where the male end of the buckle can come completely off the strap. That way you can pass the nylon strap with ease and then just put the buckle back on and tighten to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts