Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the Maverick 88 field 12 ga. Gotta' 26'' barrel pump action and 6 shot mag. Can't wait to head to the range tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
for the money you can't beat them. there the same thing as a 500 mossberg just a different name but just as reliable

·
Funky Laughin' Monk
291 Posts
there the same thing as a 500 mossberg just a different name but just as reliable
I think I've read some where that some parts aren't interchangeable, but I don't know for sure since I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Mossbergs.

Did you get the 88 All Purpose, or 88 Slug ?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I have the security version. The ONLY difference between the 88 and 500 is the placement of the safety.

·
Aquaholic
4,905 Posts
I have the security version. The ONLY difference between the 88 and 500 is the placement of the safety.
I think the older 88's had only one action bar, but the newer ones have 2 action bars, exactly like the 500.

·
Funky Laughin' Monk
291 Posts
I think the older 88's had only one action bar, but the newer ones have 2 action bars
I think you're right.

·
22,122 Posts
mine has only one bar

·
Banned
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it's an 88 all purpose and has the dule action bars as do all of the newer ones, I thiknk since the early to mid ninties. Very sweet weapon. Fairley simple and was a joy to shoot. I do think that I may order the 18.5'' barrel just to have it for home protection and the zombies.

·
22,122 Posts
LMAO, EVERYONE talks about killing zombies on every forum I belong to lol

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have the maverick model 88 shotgun. I have two different barrels for it. I use the long one for hunting birds while the short one mainly for defence or camp/bear gun. Mine has seen lots of use in winter conditions and worked well. The parts and acc. are the same as a mossburg 500 . Actually mossburg makes/ownes maverick. Not sure why not just stick with the main mossburg 500.

·
Funky Laughin' Monk
291 Posts
LMAO, EVERYONE talks about killing zombies on every forum I belong to lol
We must be prepared at all times for we never know when the undead menace will be upon us !

Much like the Russians they use the ' Let's throw all our men at them ' technique to over run cities, after which they just wander around mindlessly, much like....... well.......... *insert metaphor here*

Do your part for your community, part take in the zombie genocide:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts