Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Born to prep
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the best one as is incase I got a rifle that it will fit some day. The other 2 I am turning into knifes, this will give me a match set of fighting knives.

I sanded down all of the wood and chipped out all of the rotted wood. I filled the hallow in the handle with JB weld and covered the out side with JB weld kwik. After I sanded it to shape I sprayed it with Krylon non-skid coating. I am going to coat the blade with dark gray iron oxide leaving the sharpened edge in the white. Right now I do not have enough oxide dip made so I will not do the until after both of the handles are done.

Attachments

·
Born to prep
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really hate seeing a piece of history covered in jb weld and krylon. :rolleyes:
I did not do something that could not be undone. These were in such bad shape that Sarco was selling them for ten dollars each. The handles had rotted, cracked and oil soaked wood. The metal was cover with rust and pitted. As they were they were of little use to me when done I will have two good fighting knives and one useable bayonet.

According to OPs post, pieces of rotting history prone to rusting.
The balance of them is almost perfect and to get a matched set of fighting knives of the same quality I would expect to spend at least one hundred each.

·
Genesis 1:29
255 Posts
The balance of them is almost perfect and to get a matched set of fighting knives of the same quality I would expect to spend at least one hundred each.
I wasn't having a dig at you, I was pointing out you turned useless pieces of metal back into serviceable weapons again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.