Survivalist Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Cujet, home defense; In countries where education has been limited for centuries, the IQ level will of course drop. ie Sub-saharan blacks, Somalis.

But my comments aren't about IQ. They are about the the fact that mathematics is not racist but universal to all languages and nationalities and races. And can be taught to and learned by any so called race or nationality. But it must start early in the child's learning process and be supported by parents and others. There are always individual exceptions.

Statistics and charts and graphs are showing the results of the education process not the underlying problems. I agree that test results and IQ charts show disparities among the races and nationalities. Some of this is due to years of neglect in the education process, poor educational practices, wrong policy, parental neglect, poor environment, and much more. Plus individual apathy toward education in certain groups.

Remember my original point was that math is not racist or a white supremacist patriarchal construct as the professor indicated. And that it can be taught and learned if properly motivated students are exposed early with proper teaching.

I understand that everyone is not endowed with the same ability to be an engineer or rocket scientist. But most children can learn basic math from counting up thru addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, fractions, algebra and maybe geometry. They may not all make A's but they can get the basics.

Can you take a 10 year old Somali child and put them in the 4th grade class in
Birmingham, AL and expect them to learn? Of course not. But you could take the Somali child and start him/her in the Kindergarten or 1st grade and if they know the language well enough and have a proper curriculum and a good teacher they would be able to learn math. Environment and attitude and support play a big part. Not race or nationality.

As a math major in college and a Jr and Sr high school teacher for several years I think i have some experience in this.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
What these people are really saying is that the kids who fail in math are more likely to be non-white. Isn't that a racist conclusion on its surface? What a slap in the face of the races who fail in math most often.

Why don't the inner city teachers start doing their job? I knew a black (straight from [email protected]) who instructed a classroom of adults on the use of Microsoft Xcel. He was as sharp as a whip and did a really, really good job explaining the ins and outs of that program. I admit -- when I first saw him I was disappointed because I equated him to the average, inner city, American black and figured I wouldn't learn a thing. I was dead wrong!!

I have a feeling the people complaining the most about math are the black, inner city teachers who don't want to expend the energy teaching something so, shall we say, mathematical.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
What’s a communist like you doing in a nice place like this?
It's interesting how many Communists there are in America who can't keep their trap shut about how bad it is here but wouldn't dare move to China or Venezuela or North Korea or Cuba. They LOVE the benefits America has to offer but want to change everything at the same time. Seems to me that that's one definition of psychosis!

·
Registered
449 Posts
What these people are really saying is that the kids who fail in math are more likely to be non-white. Isn't that a racist conclusion on its surface? What a slap in the face of the races who fail in math most often.

Why don't the inner city teachers start doing their job? I knew a black (straight from [email protected]) who instructed a classroom of adults on the use of Microsoft Xcel. He was as sharp as a whip and did a really, really good job explaining the ins and outs of that program. I admit -- when I first saw him I was disappointed because I equated him to the average, inner city, American black and figured I wouldn't learn a thing. I was dead wrong!!

I have a feeling the people complaining the most about math are the black, inner city teachers who don't want to expend the energy teaching something so, shall we say, mathematical.
This is what I've been saying. Repost of my earlier post: "It could just be my opinion, but it almost seems like these people that are pushing these weird ideologies are saying people of color won't/can't understand it or that they need all these special programs or privileges because they couldn't do it on their own. Almost like they are saying they are inferior and need the extra help because they are incapable of improving themselves on their own. That almost sounds racists. It is like they feel superior, but feel guilty for their superiority so they need to offer whatever they can to the inferior masses to alleviate their guilt. Just my opinion and take on things."

It is as if they are saying "they are inferior and we are superior therefore we need to coddle and baby them because they couldn't survive without us". It seems like they are trying to dumb down the "inferior" masses so that they can never raise themselves up higher than those coddling them. Kind of like how nobles didn't want the peasants educated.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
White parents tend more to make their kids do their homework and check it as well as encouraging their kids. My SIL is a teacher, she met my brother and moved to Alabama. She said that she found that about half the black kids parents made and wanted their kids to learn. The other half didn't care. One mother said teaching them "stuff" was my SIL's
job. The mother said she didn't have time to make them learn stuff. My SIL was a 4th grade teacher. Had to fail a lot of black kids.

She, being from East Oregon and blacks there were a rare, maybe one every so often in a school. She said, after being in Alabama, she understands the frustration of the whites when half the blacks do not want to learn or do not care. Perpetual poor. In the upper grades, they have to tutor the black football and basketball players to keep a "C" average so they can play, and try to get a college scholarship. Even in college, they have to be tutored to be able to stay on the teems. A lot of professors don't like it, but football brings in a lot of money in southern colleges.

I remember a few years ago, Auburn University was trying to recruit blacks as they only had about 500 black students out of about 18,000 students. Someone said, well, that is the football, basketball, baseball, track, and women's sports teams. The rest of the students were white. Lot of truth to that.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,709 Posts
Cujet, home defense; In countries where education has been limited for centuries, the IQ level will of course drop. ie Sub-saharan blacks, Somalis.

But my comments aren't about IQ. They are about the the fact that mathematics is not racist but universal to all languages and nationalities and races. And can be taught to and learned by any so called race or nationality. But it must start early in the child's learning process and be supported by parents and others. There are always individual exceptions.

Statistics and charts and graphs are showing the results of the education process not the underlying problems. I agree that test results and IQ charts show disparities among the races and nationalities. Some of this is due to years of neglect in the education process, poor educational practices, wrong policy, parental neglect, poor environment, and much more. Plus individual apathy toward education in certain groups.

Remember my original point was that math is not racist or a white supremacist patriarchal construct as the professor indicated. And that it can be taught and learned if properly motivated students are exposed early with proper teaching.

I understand that everyone is not endowed with the same ability to be an engineer or rocket scientist. But most children can learn basic math from counting up thru addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, fractions, algebra and maybe geometry. They may not all make A's but they can get the basics.

Can you take a 10 year old Somali child and put them in the 4th grade class in
Birmingham, AL and expect them to learn? Of course not. But you could take the Somali child and start him/her in the Kindergarten or 1st grade and if they know the language well enough and have a proper curriculum and a good teacher they would be able to learn math. Environment and attitude and support play a big part. Not race or nationality.

As a math major in college and a Jr and Sr high school teacher for several years I think i have some experience in this.
I have observed the same. I tutor students in chemistry, physics, algebra, geometry, combinatorics, trig, and calculus. It's my way of giving back. Almost all of my students are minorities, and some have been truly mindblowing. I had one whose family fled the Taliban when she was 9. She had had to hide the fact that she was literate, and in three languages. She attended public school in WA, and I tutored her online. For every math class she took in school, I simultaneously taught her the next one. In only 4 hours a week (year round, though), she doubled up on math every year, going from a year behind to passing the calculus CLEP her sophomore year.

I don't place much stock in IQ tests or standardized tests, as she went from being in remedial classes at age 9 to university at age 16. And her experience is not atypical of my students, most of whom are minorities and all of whom excelled.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,709 Posts
White parents tend more to make their kids do their homework and check it as well as encouraging their kids. My SIL is a teacher, she met my brother and moved to Alabama. She said that she found that about half the black kids parents made and wanted their kids to learn. The other half didn't care. One mother said teaching them "stuff" was my SIL's
job. The mother said she didn't have time to make them learn stuff. My SIL was a 4th grade teacher. Had to fail a lot of black kids.

She, being from East Oregon and blacks there were a rare, maybe one every so often in a school. She said, after being in Alabama, she understands the frustration of the whites when half the blacks do not want to learn or do not care. Perpetual poor. In the upper grades, they have to tutor the black football and basketball players to keep a "C" average so they can play, and try to get a college scholarship. Even in college, they have to be tutored to be able to stay on the teems. A lot of professors don't like it, but football brings in a lot of money in southern colleges.

I remember a few years ago, Auburn University was trying to recruit blacks as they only had about 500 black students out of about 18,000 students. Someone said, well, that is the football, basketball, baseball, track, and women's sports teams. The rest of the students were white. Lot of truth to that.
UConn is a basketball school. Most of the team members, of all races, have no business attending university. In fact, one of the most common insults when any student would say something stupid was, "Athletic scholarship?"

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Cujet; Your graph shows the effect of poor education of blacks and the result of Govt welfare and Democratic officials running the show in the major cities (inner city areas.) It in no way indicates the ability of blacks or that blacks cannot do the math when education principles and practices are properly applied.

Shut down the welfare state and get the drugs out of the projects and get school boards elected that bring back the importance of good teachers and the 3Rs and the graph would improve, maybe even overlap.

The problem is not black intelligence. Its 60 years of affirmative action, welfare, drugs, low expectations, single maternal parent homes, and democratic, liberal, leftist, progressive we don't give a dxxn about them we just want their vote attitude.
is there anywhere in the world where blacks have high math scores?

·
Awesome
17,071 Posts

If you listen to a white leftist long enough, you'll find out just how little they actually think of minorities. They have it in their heads that blacks are dumb, violence animals barely above cavemen and that they themselves (the white liberal) is such a great person for defending them and demanding we make concessions for the poor genetics, and claim you're the racist if you dare try to treat them as you would anyone else. It's beyond disgusting.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
It could just be my opinion, but it almost seems like these people that are pushing these weird ideologies are saying people of color won't/can't understand it or that they need all these special programs or privileges because they couldn't do it on their own. Almost like they are saying they are inferior and need the extra help because they are incapable of improving themselves on their own. That almost sounds racists. It is like they feel superior, but feel guilty for their superiority so they need to offer whatever they can to the inferior masses to alleviate their guilt. Just my opinion and take on things.
Yup! Sorry I missed this post earlier. Liberals are slapping the face of the darker races when they lower the "educational" standards for their benefit. They're literally saying that blacks can't achieve the higher standards. But then we're left with the question: can blacks (in general and en masse) reach European levels? I think a lot of them could if they were in the right environment and had competent teachers.

·
The Power of the Glave
2,345 Posts
Make math culturally sensitive!

The problem is that math needs to be made more culturally sensitive and relevant!

"If "Da Boss" sells meth in the 'hood for $80/gram, and buys it from Mean Snoopy Dogg for $40. And he is sugar-daddy to two baby-mamas and three 'ho's, each of whom need $100/day to support their own drug habits. How much will Da Boss have to sell each day to support them?"

Extra credit: If Da Boss sells $50 each day of stolen items, how will that change the above?

He likes math. He just needs to be able to "relate" to it:

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,638 Posts

The Peoples Republic of Oregon has gone marxist.

" ... asking students to get the “right” answer when solving math problems is connected to white supremacy"

“Often the emphasis is placed on learning math in the ‘real world,’ as if our classrooms are not a part of the real world. This reinforces notions of either/or thinking because math is only seen as useful when it is in a particular context,. “However, this can result in using mathematics to uphold capitalist and imperialist ways of being and understandings of the world.”

"the course will ask teachers to identify and “challenge the ways that math is used to uphold capitalist, imperialist, and racist views.”

·
reluctant sinner
17,914 Posts
It's also communist 2+2= Red is a good answer according to skrools with the let no child excel policy.

Amazon ebay and paypal Suck!

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,388 Posts

The Peoples Republic of Oregon has gone marxist.

" ... asking students to get the “right” answer when solving math problems is connected to white supremacy"

“Often the emphasis is placed on learning math in the ‘real world,’ as if our classrooms are not a part of the real world. This reinforces notions of either/or thinking because math is only seen as useful when it is in a particular context,. “However, this can result in using mathematics to uphold capitalist and imperialist ways of being and understandings of the world.”

"the course will ask teachers to identify and “challenge the ways that math is used to uphold capitalist, imperialist, and racist views.”
2+2= You’re An Idiot🤦‍♂️-I Weep For The Future🙄

61 - 80 of 97 Posts