Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Next will be the relaxing of proper grammar and having everyone speaking Ebonics. I'm seeing other trends in speaking by our young people already. Placing the word "Like" in most sentences is now common. Even news commentators are using it.
Already have, already do.
I have to keep repeating"excuse me" because the rule won't allow me to say " what the ****!? speak English". Because it makes the non native English speakers feel bad.

·
Swift Justice = 2950fps
10,466 Posts
That ship sailed when a reality TV star was elected POTUS and people started believing world economies were crashing and people were dying just to make him look bad. Top it all off by having a stable genius suggest the "hoax" is caused by alien sperm that came from China and that a lysol cocktail is the cure.
What’s a communist like you doing in a nice place like this?

·
BASS
2,108 Posts

I will be gone before this BS give Heart Surgeon Certification to the last in the class for Basic Anatomy and got bonus points to barely quality due to their race or color.

And that is the way I feel like it or not..........!

You're forgetting the fact that her (assuming Laurie is a her) superiors don't disagree with her by not making her march that crap backwards. I'm curious as to what her answer is. I'm not going to read the link because I don't care. The public school system for the most part and higher education are setting these students up for future failure in real life. So be it. I'll be dead before any of these losers will have an effect on my life.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
What I see happening is the relaxing of standards because they believe black people are too stupid to learn. That's nuts. Black Americans have risen to every level
in society. A heart surgeon who happened to be black saved my sons life with a very complicated surgery. He was the only one in the area capable of performing this surgery. They are capable if they put forth the effort. The Welfare Plantation and lack of family unit is whats holding them back. White America is drifting in the same direction.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My late wife was a math prodigy, in fact she was a very high functioning savant. She earned dual PhDs in math and physics from Purdue at an age so young I won't post it. Suffice it to say she was a real life (female) Good Will Hunting. True mathematicians are born not made. They produce such large amounts of new, original and advanced material, that "mere mortals" can spend centuries trying to understand and absorb their life's work.
-
Math was not my best subject, however, as my wife told me "You are living proof that anyone who can count, can learn basic and even some advanced math."
-
I'm agnostic but she often said "Mathematics is the language of the universe - It is God's true language." While I disagree with Professor Rubel that math, the universe and God are "racist", I will grant that some teachers and methods are more effective than others. Despite my wife's phenomenal abilities, trying to instruct "normaloids" like me, frustrated her. She was a scientist, not a teacher.
-
As has been stated, the best approach is an early and sustained focus on math by talented, dedicated Teachers. Parents must provide a safe and stable environment. With these conditions met, IME the level of any average student's proficiency and advancement, is limited only by how hard and long they are willing to work.

·
Registered
252 Posts
First, do you have anything to back that claim up?
Second, the smartest guy I have ever known in math was a black guy.
Did you not see the "IMO" at the end of my post? My post is exactly that...my opinion, nothing more and nothing less, but based on 77 years on this planet and watching people's behaviors. I know what I see!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I am not sure how math "reeks of white supremacist patriarchy" so I dont think I an agree with her point. Im just pointing out she didnt say 2+2=4 is racist.
No one said she said 2+2=4 is racist; however, when anyone brings up white supremacist patriarchy about something it is racist.

Math is universal and is not a late development. 2=2+4 has always been true even back in Noah's time. The Egyptians built the pyramids using math, the Chinese developed the abacus for math. people of India first started using symbols for zero in AD400. Counting numbers have been around since the dawn of time (how many sheep in the fold, etc). The Pythagorean Theorem credited to Pythagoras 2500 yeas ago. And on and on. Not subject to skin color.

This lady is insane and should never be allowed even close to classroom or a student and never paid any money to teach anything. As well as anyone who agrees with her.

·
The Power of the Glave
2,352 Posts
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020...-claims-math-is-white-supremacist-patriarchy/

Amazing! A math education teacher is saying math is a construct of White supremacy. They have lost their minds.
The most non-nonsensical thing I've ever read. How can anyone in the academic field even lend the slightest bit of credibility to such guff.

And these are people who are getting fat salaries, cushy low-stress jobs where they work maybe 8 months out of the year, and lifetime tenure?

They should be selling vacuum cleaners door-to-door instead.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,128 Posts
Well, now I have a valid reason for not doing well in math back in my school days. It feels good to know I wasn't a racist, even as a kid.

"I refuse to support such a racist thing as math, so I didn't study!" :D:

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,690 Posts
It could just be my opinion, but it almost seems like these people that are pushing these weird ideologies are saying people of color won't/can't understand it or that they need all these special programs or privileges because they couldn't do it on their own. Almost like they are saying they are inferior and need the extra help because they are incapable of improving themselves on their own. That almost sounds racists. It is like they feel superior, but feel guilty for their superiority so they need to offer whatever they can to the inferior masses to alleviate their guilt. Just my opinion and take on things.
It's not that they can't do it on their own, but rather they won't because it would take effort to succeed. Plenty of black folk manage to climb out of the problems created by the black community. Lots of minorities know that if you cry that you are poor and oppressed every day of your life, the Democrats will lavish you with taxpayer money in order to keep your vote and make your life easier without the need to work hard at anything.

Back in the 1970s when companies started doing employee surveys, I worked for a Fortune 500 company. This company did them one-on-one with you and your boss. I thought every question was idiotic. When I was asked, "Do you feel you make enough money?" My response was, Who in their right mind would answer yes? If I answered yes, I would not see more money. if I answered no, there was a good chance I would get a bump in pay.

My sister worked for the Chicago school system. K through 12 education was free, but parents had to buy books. She told stories of black moms coming in to the school irate because they had to buy books. These were not destitute families. Some of the women wore expensive dresses and lots of gold jewelry. They always claimed they couldn't afford to buy books for their kids. It was the government's job to pay for books.

The wheel that squeaks the loudest . . . This is a trained behavior. It's also part of human nature.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Cujet; Your graph shows the effect of poor education of blacks and the result of Govt welfare and Democratic officials running the show in the major cities (inner city areas.) It in no way indicates the ability of blacks or that blacks cannot do the math when education principles and practices are properly applied.

Shut down the welfare state and get the drugs out of the projects and get school boards elected that bring back the importance of good teachers and the 3Rs and the graph would improve, maybe even overlap.

The problem is not black intelligence. Its 60 years of affirmative action, welfare, drugs, low expectations, single maternal parent homes, and democratic, liberal, leftist, progressive we don't give a dxxn about them we just want their vote attitude.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,690 Posts
Cujet; Your graph shows the effect of poor education of blacks and the result of Govt welfare and Democratic officials running the show in the major cities (inner city areas.) It in no way indicates the ability of blacks or that blacks cannot do the math when education principles and practices are properly applied.
Success requires willing participation with both students and teachers. Teachers can teach all they want, but they fail to help those who do not want to learn.

Shut down the welfare state and get the drugs out of the projects and get school boards elected that bring back the importance of good teachers and the 3Rs and the graph would improve, maybe even overlap.
There you go. Sounds simple. Let's do it. :D:

The problem is not black intelligence. Its 60 years of affirmative action, welfare, drugs, low expectations, single maternal parent homes, and democratic, liberal, leftist, progressive we don't give a dxxn about them we just want their vote attitude.
The IQ part may be partially correct. Not all races have the same average IQs. A year ago there were lots of websites that detailed the results of IQ studies. Most have pretty much disappeared because the results of actual studies would be deemed as racist.

Here is something I copied from one of the websites a couple of years ago. It's the average IQs in the USA by race.

Asians 103
Whites 100
Hispanics 90
Blacks 85

Consider that each is on a bell curve. They probably stretch 30 points on each side of the midpoint, meaning some people are much more intelligent, and some much less for each racial group. Also, any IQ of 75 or less is considered retarded and indicates a person who is untrainable. People with IQs below 75 also tend to be inherently more violent than others.

FYI. The average IQ for sub-Saharan blacks (as in Somalis) is 70.

This isn't intended to be racist, although I'm sure any snowflake who favors BLM will label it as such.

I'm 100% in favor of equal opportunity for all and believe we should help those who truly want to succeed. There are those, however, who will not put an effort into learning anything unless they have to.

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,486 Posts
You concentrated on the NYC part, and completely missed the fact that the very same graph exists nationwide. It exists in conservative "fly-over" areas, Republican controlled suburban districts, high net worth districts and throughout scholastic standardized testing nationwide.

Furthermore, it exists in the very same classroom as other students. Given sufficient statistical data, group specific regression towards the mean always occurs, always. The performance among specific groups is very well known to those in mission critical industries where "hope" is not an option.

EDIT: We have a problem that needs to be addressed. By ignoring the facts, we ensure failure.

Reactions: KoolAde2
41 - 60 of 97 Posts