Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020...-claims-math-is-white-supremacist-patriarchy/

Brooklyn College Professor of Math Education Laurie Rubel argued this week on Twitter that the mathematical equation 2+2=4 “reeks of white supremacist patriarchy.” Rubel’s tweet was retweeted and promoted by several academics at universities and colleges around the nation.

According to a report by Campus Reform, Brooklyn College Professor Laurie Rubel, who teaches math education, tried to make the case this week that basic math is “white supremacist.” The tweets are part of a larger trend in recent scholarship by American academics, many of which have argued that “objective truth” is a social construct.
Amazing! A math education teacher is saying math is a construct of White supremacy. They have lost their minds.

·
reluctant sinner
17,914 Posts
I hope they short their pay because they are aren't teaching math, they are teaching BS philosophy.

Same with reading the Constitution or the bible yourself vs having someone tell you what it says, thrust me it was written for you to read, not to have someone else tell you what they think it means.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You're forgetting the fact that her (assuming Laurie is a her) superiors don't disagree with her by not making her march that crap backwards. I'm curious as to what her answer is. I'm not going to read the link because I don't care. The public school system for the most part and higher education are setting these students up for future failure in real life. So be it. I'll be dead before any of these losers will have an effect on my life.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Maybe they can write real world math for the hip hop crowd:

If you have 2 ounces of cocaine and 3 ounces of baking soda, how many eight balls can you cook up?

If you busted 3 caps in a gangsta's ass and shot 2 at a low rider, how many rounds left in a 10 round clip?

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,266 Posts
Math is the devil, that's for sure.

I never needed anything beyond: add, subtract, percentages, basic budget, Profit and Loss statement, etc.

·
Censor me not
664 Posts
Weird how this has evolved.

In Boyz in the Hood Furious (Laurence Fishbourn) explains how math is the only universal test on the SAT, that the others are culturally biased. Maybe this New York dingbat can debate it with the other New York dingbat, Spike Lee.

·
Proud American Patriot
2,401 Posts
This is a reminder of a few things most of us here already know: 1, the schools have been turned into indoctrination centers for the liberal cult, and 2, part of that indoctrination is the removal of critical thinking skills.

Think about what the statement 2 + 2 = 4 is racist means. 2 + 2 = 4 is often used to symbolize fundamental truth. So what they are saying is fundamental truth is racist. The same thing naturally works in reverse: if fundamental truth = racism, then racism = fundamental truth. This is what the indoctrination coordinator says with her comment.

Remember this quote by George Orwell from his book 1984: “Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.” Not being able to speak the truth about the racist lies of the liberal cult is like not being able to say 2 + 2 = 4.

This indoctrination coordinator has shone the light of truth on what is happening in the schools, but she is too dim-witted to see it.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,334 Posts
Weird how this has evolved.

In Boyz in the Hood Furious (Laurence Fishbourn) explains how math is the only universal test on the SAT, that the others are culturally biased. Maybe this New York dingbat can debate it with the other New York dingbat, Spike Lee.
Not weird at all. The devil's goal is to destroy the image bearer's of God to discern right from wrong. Destroying the concept of objective reality is key to that end. Math must be destroyed as its function is to protect our glimpsing objective reality.

·
Indefatigable
20,298 Posts
And this is how the world turns into the movie Idiocracy.
That ship sailed when a reality TV star was elected POTUS and people started believing world economies were crashing and people were dying just to make him look bad. Top it all off by having a stable genius suggest the "hoax" is caused by alien sperm that came from China and that a lysol cocktail is the cure.

Reactions: Community leader 1

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
5,757 Posts
Mmmm, yeah. I nearly got kicked out a class some years back for laughing at the professor when she said that if a kid believes in unicorns, then unicorns are real because the kid believes in them. They're completely off their rockers.
The existence of unicorns like the existence of god has as yet not been proven or disproven. I would have kicked you out. :D:

·
Suffering Your Stupidity
8,933 Posts
That ship sailed when a reality TV star was elected POTUS and people started believing world economies were crashing and people were dying just to make him look bad. Top it all off by having a stable genius suggest the "hoax" is caused by alien sperm that came from China and that a lysol cocktail is the cure.

Did you have a lobotomy?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think this math professor is getting really close to the truth but just circling around it...the truth being that, in general terms, blacks have great difficulty grasping and understanding math! They just won't acknowledge their difficulty with math and admitting they are not quite up to their challenge with it. IMO.

·
Super Moderator
14,517 Posts
I think this math professor is getting really close to the truth but just circling around it...the truth being that, in general terms, blacks have great difficulty grasping and understanding math! They just won't acknowledge their difficulty with math and admitting they are not quite up to their challenge with it. IMO.
First, do you have anything to back that claim up?
Second, the smartest guy I have ever known in math was a black guy.

·
I say stuff
623 Posts
Did you have a lobotomy?
I really do not get it. The whole point of survivalism is self reliance. To be a liberal democrat is to wholeheartedly believe that the govt can take care of you and your needs can be met. So why be on this board? To top it off, that poster joined when Obama was the POTUS and the dems had full control of congress. I would think that would've been his/her utopia and joining a survival board would be unnecessary.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts