Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years, I've found a lot of information on everything that somebody may need in a SHTF or TEOTWAWKI situation. But does somebody have a master list that includes everything you would want at your BOL or BIL? I just want to be able to scan one and see if there are things that I am missing. And I want something that I can e-mail to family members.

I'm not talking about a BOB list or anything like that. I'm talking about what I want at our ranch. i.e. large gas tanks, medic kits, solar battery chargers, ammo, etc. etc.

Thanks, I know I've seen these before, but I can't find them at the moment and I have some relatives that are asking me for them at the moment.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that they are all individualized. I suppose that is why I want to see other people's lists, so that I am exposed to things I may have not thought about.
And really, in an EOTWAWKI situation, a list of things that you would need should be fairly universal.

We have a 500 acre ranch with four generations of our family living on it. We have two springs with plenty of water, pasture land to raise animals and gardens and plenty of timber for firewood and hunting. We have a defense strategy and we have farm equipment and most other things to survive in this situation. I really feel better off than most people, but I know there are things that I'm missing, and I feel like I am running out of time to get them.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah, that sounds like a pretty sweet set up so far.

from my experience when thinking of bol/bil, it's a never ending list.
maybe i need help prioritizing as well. what i'm trying to do is observe
my daily routine and notice what i'm using. then i get into what i don't have
and would need/want and that's where the list gets out of control

i have a few thoughts if you'd like. these are things i think about.

you said you have garden/crop space, got plenty of seeds? what about stored food in case you have issues growing? got the kitchen staples? got a backup way to cook if no power?

you have lots of room and you didn't mention them, but animals? chickens, goats, rabbits, that type stuff. something that can produce for you.

fuel - vehicle, equipment.

back up power if needed?

alternative heat for location if no power?

got a way to do laundry if no power? got extra soap

extra clothes for all seasons?

toiletries? medical? comms? entertainment of some sort to relieve tension and stress?

and so on and so on.

if you're looking for itemized lists, web/forum search is your friend :) here's a place i've referenced a lot.

http://www.standeyo.com/News_Files/Hollys.html - tons of stuff on the left

hope that helps some.

m

geez, just noticed the sticky about online planning resources. i'm sure i repeated a lot of that stuff here, my bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts