Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Lieutenant
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter was running low on TP, went to the local Walmart, no TP, no Lysol spray or wipes. Hand sanitizer cleared out, too. She called around to other WalMarts and reserved an order for pickup at a town 20 miles away for her TP & Lysol. BTW, Lysol has on its label, and for quite a while, effective against Corona viruses!

·
Be careful out there
136 Posts
Wife and I did our weekly Wally run this morning. NO TP! Most of the paper towels were gone. Few tissues. No Clorox or Great Value wipes. No baby wipes. A few cases of water. We didn’t need any of that stuff and won’t for a long time. Just bites when you see pictures of people stuffing their vehicles with it. You know a few will take advantage of others and sell them a roll of TP for an outlandish price. Sheeple. :xeye:

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
My wife and I just returned from Sam's in Dallas. It was a normal run - just wanted celery, coffee, and cream. The paper shelves were empty, fresh vegetables and meat all gone, no eggs, and of course no sanitization products.

I wonder what all these people will do when their vegetables begin to spoil. Cut down on their trips to McDonalds?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Whats the deal with toilet paper? Why are people loading up on it?
Three reasons.

1) Other people are panicking to buy it, which leads people to believe that there's going to be a shortage, so they buy more now, ironically hastening said shortage

2) You're always going to use it anyway, as it has no expiration date

3) People are unprepared to use TP alternatives (such as a bidet, or more simply, a washcloth), so they don't think they could last long without TP.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Idea; if you go to a grocery store in a lower class neighborhood will you be able to rack up on a few more cleaning supplies and maybe bleach? Try to think about what kind of stupid stuff they'll buy in order to prep. And if you don't want to go to such establishment what of the home-improvement stores for cleaning goods and batteries? Or the grocery store in a "good" neighborhood at night?

BTW I was seven days in-stock for my emergency storage. Last week I got some TP and a few other things to take me to the other seven. I don't relish having to dispose of too much in the way of disused preps so I have a just-in-time list when things look dicey. I'm finding it's not always a good idea to not have everything on hand. Not to worry; some batteries, yeast, chocolates, and flour should finish me out.

As for the TP I figured on supply disruption vs diarrhea. Been doing basic prepping for ten years but getting educated more and more.

·
Banned
14,729 Posts
Common theme I see everywhere is grousing about TP hoarders. People still confused on why TP sells out faster, it's not due to hoarding. It's because food is stocked about 50 to 1 in grocery stores so obviously TP will be depleted first by shoppers. Just more obvious stuff that sadly the common American cannot figure out, which is tragic in the bigger picture. Eh' but what could I possibly know?

And, PS, when folks repeat this nonsense about TP hoarding, the "TP hoarders" are not the ones that appear stupid for several reasons.

Now I am seeing the panicked people demanding those who prepared give away their supplies to others.

For people that didn't prepare when they had months, and when I specifically tried to warn them, I have ZERO sympathy. None. Let them wipe with their hands. IDC.

Creative people can find a way. Reusable clothes. Or a squirt bottle "bidet." Or buy or fashion a home-made bidet. Or leaves from the garden...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts