Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's not my store and most companies are just letting the filth have at it.
I'm backing away. FAST BUT I learned well from working the demonrat dump 30 yrs = SEE THEM? LEAVE-RUN NEVER come back.
The stores will raise prices to cover their losses - Insurance companies will raise OUR RATES to cover their payouts.
Most of the looters are on public assistance.
WE pay for that too.

·
Padre in the woods
3,090 Posts
Most of the looters are on public assistance.
WE pay for that too.
Perhaps I'm more direct, because I know more business people than thieves. but these types of violent theft should be a ticket out of the U.S. and loss of assistance. Simply, these people are opportunistic cockroaches and contribute nothing.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
To everyone saying they would intervene somehow:

The store/company doesn't care enough to intervene. They won't thank you for intervening. At best, you'll catch one guy and end up involved in the trial. At worst you end up dead because you aren't as badass as you think you are or the other guy simply got lucky. Most likely though you'll end up with charges pressed by everyone from the person you confronted, to the store/company you were trying to help, to the cops responding.

The legal system is hostile to your intervention, participation in the situation is unlikely to go well for you.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad News Ladies and Gentlemen but the destruction of Western civilization we're witnessing is only going to get worse and pick up speed.
So correct, Tenn.

I've been using a phrase had heard much earlier in life while I was in Junior High School.

During a recess, our mather teacher, a veteran of both WWI and WWII, speaking of the political changes that allowed the wars (actually 1 war with an intermission for some) said:

"It happened so fast".

·
Registered
364 Posts
What happens when the same people decide to hit a quiet neighborhood instead of a store?

Is it a stretch to think that hitting a block of houses during mid day may also appeal to the same people?
that's called home invasion and is a different game with different prizes, been happening for years. I do love it when they win stupid prizes.

·
Registered
738 Posts
that's called home invasion and is a different game with different prizes, been happening for years. I do love it when they win stupid prizes.
Me too, me too.

My original post was just to get people thinking. People don't want to get involved and I respect that and I get that. However, the people who are brazen enough to pull out these heist are the same people who will come into neighborhood and steel from all of us. Good people may not want trouble but at this rate of decline in our society, trouble is going to find them eventually.

·
Storyteller
3,772 Posts
Media Propaganda team had their guard shot. Reporterette not harmed. Armed robbery goes wrong -

A $17,500 reward is available for information on the attempted armed robbery and shooting involving a KRON4 security guard.
Police say the incident was an attempted armed robbery to steal camera equipment.

·
Registered
604 Posts
If they didn't smash anything, it's not stealing until they step out of the store with merchandise. Even then I could see them claiming "oh my god, people were going crazy I was just running for safety and forgot to pay". If you and everyone is out of harms way not need to intervene. As said, legally using a weapon on someone requires a certain criteria. Then you need to lawyer up. Most those people know what they can get away with, no reason to stop.

·
Registered
282 Posts
What happens when the same people decide to hit a quiet neighborhood instead of a store?

Is it a stretch to think that hitting a block of houses during mid day may also appeal to the same people?
If I feel my wife is in danger, what happens is on them.

The Castle Doctrine is a common law doctrine stating that an individual has no duty to retreat when in his or her home, or “castle,” and may use reasonable force, including deadly force, to defend his or her property, person, or another.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
That is a different story. Very few of us have enough stuff of anything valuable to attract a large, organized group.

For those of us in castle doctrine states, once you cross my threshold unbidden I consider you a threat and you will be dealt with accordingly. It won't be milk and cookies.

·
Storyteller
3,772 Posts
Can man-trap doors be that far off?

I see stores now removing all glass on the exterior., the man traps would be the next logical step.... Or, oder on line, pick up or have items delivered Already here now at WallyWorld and Fred Meyers (Kroger's in AK) .

·
Registered
452 Posts
Your legal options are going to depend entirely on your location. Laws vary greatly from state to state. Just because a particular course of action is legal, it doesn’t necessarily mean we should do it. The aftermath of a legally justified use of force can be financially devastating. It can be mentally draining and it can have repercussions that impact your ability to keep your job or find employment.

The same repercussions could also apply to your children and your wife. Especially, if you have a last name that isn’t common and the incident receives a lot of media coverage.

As we’ve seen, time and time again, a politically motived district attorney can wreak havoc. They can destroy you’re reputation and make you appear to be a blood thirsty, racist, sexist, homophobic killer that hates Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, children, July 4th and Mother Theresa. Even if calmer minds prevail, in the jury, the damage is done.

O.J. Simpson and Robert Blake were both found Not Guilty, after being accused of taking a life, but a whole lot of people believe they got off Scott free. The same thing happens to a lot of common, everyday people, that just want to get their life back.

I’m glad Kyle Rittenhouse and George Zimmerman were acquitted. That being said, I sure would hate to walk a mile in the shoes of either one.

I hate to think what it’s going to be like, when Rittenhouse tries to rent an apartment or apply for a job. I would hire him or rent to him, in a New York minute. A lot of people would not.

Zimmerman has been harassed, threatened, shot at and who knows what else the poor guy has been through? His marriage fell apart and the guy has seen tough times.

For me, personally, using force is the absolute last thing I want to do. Give me a way out and I’ll take it. For me, the only thing worse than having to shoot someone is getting shot. That’s my personal philosophy, for what it’s worth to you- NOTHING.

Be safe and always have the means to defend yourself, at all times. Situational awareness will save your bacon. Follow your gut. If something doesn’t seem or feel right, it probably isn’t. We don’t get to choose the time and location of poop storms. The bad guys do. The world is a dangerous place.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. I really hope not. I certainly hope it never happens. I don't put it past them though to try.
I know of a couple of quiet neighborhoods that will remain that way. The bargain shoppers may try it once. I doubt they will try it twice.

·
Indefatigable
21,817 Posts
When does the W coast catch up to the E coast?
30 years ago it was the norm in NYC (and many other cities) to require an appointment, complete with a background and credit check, if you wanted to shop with the 1%. Mikimoto, Tiffany, Cartier, Prada and car dealerships don't let just any trash wander in from off the street. The foyer door's might be glass but not the entire front. Where there is glass, it's bullet proof and double locked with at least 1 armed guard between the 2, to validate your entry. At the first sign of trouble on the street, even if the store is not involved, the steel shutters slam shut with the push of a button and backup from the security company is automatically dispatched.

21 - 40 of 133 Posts