Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st of all, I tried to search the site for an old discussion on this, and didn't know exactly where this post belongs or where all to look. So please don't razz me if this is common knowledge.

How likely is it for National Guard or LEOs to show up in the country at my door to commandeer my food, weapons, ammo, supplies? Do I have to let them have what I have prepped for? What are my options?

What kind of situation requires "Martial Law"?

·
Got to keep on keepin on
1,648 Posts
First - did you use the "Search This Forum" feature on the right side of the threads page up near the top? It's right underneath the banner ad and the pages 1 of 624. That's the best way to save yourself some time.

Second - how "likely" it is will depend on your location in relation to the nature of the emergency. They can only "take" what they can find.
Your option - don't have all your eggs in one basket.

Third - Use the "STF" feature and it will help you a lot more than I can here.

Good luck & welcome.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If a dozen armed and armored thugs are standing in your living room demanding your supplies then they have all the "rights" they need to take whatever they want. So either Lie, fight and lose (you are not rambo, no one is.), or have prepared for this scenario either through improved opsec (so they don't know what you have) or having a seperate cache to give away. make your choice.

·
17 Oaks Ranch Tx
3,890 Posts
How likely is it for National Guard or LEOs to show up in the country at my door to commandeer my food, weapons, ammo, supplies? Do I have to let them have what I have prepped for? What are my options?

What kind of situation requires "Martial Law"?
They won't show up in the country, that is NOT where the problem is. INSIDE the city limits is where they will be, that is where the action, looting, burning, rapes, murders, robberies will be. They are not coming out here. Maybe at some point in time and in some states. I live in Texas, Houston, Dallas, Ft Worth, Austin, San Antonio, some of the largest cities in the US, think, the NG/USAR/LEO can begin to mange that mess? Maybe in Montana, Dakotas or other states with small cities.

We have counties in Texas with less than 100 folks living there, my county has nearly 700 sq miles and only 33k folks, there is neither time or energy available to go door to door, ranch to ranch...

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,555 Posts
, there is neither time or energy available to go door to door, ranch to ranch...
They don't need to. They've been inventorying farm and ranch resources for years. For confiscation and shipment to the cities to keep them alive (of all places!). We're screwed either way. The smaller family farms have probably not been scrutinized, but the larger producers have been.

·
17 Oaks Ranch Tx
3,890 Posts
They don't need to. They've been inventorying farm and ranch resources for years. For confiscation and shipment to the cities to keep them alive (of all places!). We're screwed either way. The smaller family farms have probably not been scrutinized, but the larger producers have been.
They have not inventoried me and they are about as welcome as a dose of the clap on my place...:D:

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Everybody claims unconstitutionality but do you really think they're gonna care when they send swat to your door looking for supplies to feed the hungry masses.

The Board of Education has SWAT. Do you really think FEMA doesn't.

·
Demon of the Midwest
4,978 Posts
Were already under martial law, its just the light version. The pat downs are expanding, there are more cameras put up every day, Government bureaucrats are expanding there supposed "Right" to create, and enforce laws at there whim. One day you'll wake up go to work and be stopped on the way for your "Random pat down" for your safety.

Martial law will not come down suddenly with thousands of ABC soldiers descending upon us, it is coming slowly and methodically. It will succeed by our fear of losing everything by saying something.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,555 Posts
They have not inventoried me and they are about as welcome as a dose of the clap on my place...:D:
I wouldn't be too inviting either. What I don't get is why they are willing to expend so much effort for the cities. They should let the larger ones die off and focus on the smaller ones and towns that might have a chance at supporting themselves.

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
I bet there are TSA agents just drooling waiting for it to happen. Then they can go feel up alot more people.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Inventoried

You probably have been and just don't know it.The only things you have that they don't have the ability to track is what you have either grown,ie: garden,livestock or what you have hunted or fished for.Most people don't realize that using a store discount card EX: Sams Card,Costco,Winn-Dixie,Publix,Kroger- Gives the store who you are and what,when,and how much you bought.The Bar Codes is what they use for tracking their inventory,
it also gives a pretty good idea as to your on-hand inventory.And all of your purchases using checks,debit,or credit card is stored.And don't think that using cash it's not traceable.Look up next time you are in the check out line and smile for the camera that is filming you and your purchases on the belt.:)

No White Flags Above My Door
Daveeds

·
Seeker of Truth
747 Posts
There was a discussion about this several months ago and the general concensus was that government is allowing us the illusion that we are prepared and have sole rights and access to our property. The fact is, if the government wants what you have they will take it.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
With martial law, you do what the nice soldiers say or they arrest you.

If martial law is declared, I think that it would be wise to hide most of your stuff because they are always overworked and in a hurry.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The only good solution is to hide the bulk of your food and only bring out a week or two at a time.
Any program of government confiscation will be hasty and random, conducted by poorly trained cannon fodder.
So give them a convincing story and let them report back that you are complying.
Agree with your first and third sentence. The middle one I have my doubts. If you look at what happened with Katrina, they brought in their Blackwater mercenary army.

·
Banned
647 Posts
I have 3 seperate but equally stocked caches and several months of food stashed in the house, they can come get my boxes of rice and a few cans of tuna out of my pantry but everything I stash is very well hidden, even if it is taken, I got tons of food in my caches to out last just about anything.

If they are in your house you can claim you have HIV and start sneezing all over them.

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
Remember:

Martial Law is possible. Murphy's Law is guaranteed.

·
17 Oaks Ranch Tx
3,890 Posts
I wouldn't be too inviting either. What I don't get is why they are willing to expend so much effort for the cities. They should let the larger ones die off and focus on the smaller ones and towns that might have a chance at supporting themselves.
I am thinking the riots, looting etc will keep them busy, plus all the govt workers and BMW drivers are there, scared outta there minds so they got to keep their families safe.

Out here in the sticks door to door is a long ways and we all got guns and some guy yelling out: "we are the govt and we are here to help you" will be replied to with muzzle blast...

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Out here in the sticks door to door is a long ways and we all got guns and some guy yelling out: "we are the govt and we are here to help you" will be replied to with muzzle blast...
I applaud your effort to stand up for what is yours regardless of who they are. But I don't think people are thinking the whole thing through. Until all people stand up at the same time and actually bring an end to the tyranny it will happen. If they are under the orders of the gov't be it fed, state or local (legal or not) and you start shooting at them they will be back and you will die.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts