Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question I received off youtube, does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

I got a Marlin Model 60 and I'm looking to invest some money into a good bipod. I fire in prone mostly and I only use the rifle for the occassional squirrel hunting. I'm wondering how would go about I attaching it, because I've seen where people glue them on with epoxy and I'm not to big on using glue with the nice wooden stock that came with it. I feel like I'm asking a professional, so what's your thoughts on the matter?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
This is a question I received off youtube, does anyone have any suggestions or comments?
The actual question is, why? The marlin 60 is a trim handy rifle. wont be with a bipod.

The two basic choices are a simple plastic or metal one sorta like pliets that just holds onto the barrel with spring pressure. or a Harris, that attaches solidly to the stock via the forward sling attachment screw.

but again... why? After you use it a fw times you will wonder what that was about but the money will be gone.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Have sling swivels ?? If not put some on and mount a Harris .

PS shooting prone and squirrel hunting ?? Squirrels live in trees MOST of the time ......................

Reactions: kev

·
delta squad
423 Posts
if he has a sling swivel it will attach to that, if not go to wal mart and buy some swivles(just install the front one if the bipod is the only reason you want it). they also make a mono-pod you may consider, it is a single stick that adjusts to different heights, they sell'em at wal mart for $10.

·
Registered
871 Posts
you would think for squirrel hunting you would want the gun as light as possible, i used a marlin 60 with open sights and have gotten a few squirrels with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts