Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
It is being driven by fear and uncertainty.

Should the debt ceiling limit talks conclude successfully, the spot price will likely drop as quickly as it rose.

(It may continue to slowly rise over time, but this week gold's volatility is likely to continue to reflect moment-to-moment occurrences in Washington DC and the Euro-zone...)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts

Should the debt ceiling limit talks conclude successfully, the spot price will likely drop as quickly as it rose.

(It may continue to slowly rise over time, but this week gold's volatility is likely to continue to reflect moment-to-moment occurrences in Washington DC and the Euro-zone...)
That would be a great service for me, I don't like buying precious metals at this price level.

With my luck, it will go up and keep going.

·
Barrio Bajo Señor
3,822 Posts
nobody knows what, will or can happen the only thing we have is history and just a few months ago silver was going verticle.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agree completely. In fact, I'm betting that they come to a deal with time to spare, and gold drops noticably immediately. I think I may call Apmex and lock-in a price on a little gold I'm thinking of letting go, so early this week is my window.

With my luck, it will go up and keep going.
Same here, that's my big concern should I ditch an ounce or two. :D:

Yep, that's pretty much why I started buying back in '08. ;)

·
Registered
10,291 Posts
We are in uncharted waters here. You know as well as any that gold can breathe $50-100 in either direction in a couple of days. I had to sell some a while back and of course missed the HI but did fine from a longer term holding.

I have given up trying to anticipate the market direction and just watch it. They have so many excuses up their sleeves to manipulate prices, debt ceiling limit raised,,, or not: taxes up or down?,,,,; Cap, cut and balance,,,,; new terrorist attacks and it just goes on.

It is truly a shame to have to let go of product.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Right now, 11:30 central, the US dollar is inching back up and the price of oil is dropping. This isn't great for the metals as we know. COMEX contracts are due early this week also. Personally, I think Monday it may go up, but by mid-week it will be down a bit, this is when I'm buying, Tuesday or Wednesday. Thursday, I think it will be spiking up. But what can anyone really predict anymore. We've never seen these conditions before.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Monday 1:35 a.m. EDT;

Silver is up to about $40.61 now in Asia with Gold up a few bucks to $1,616. It will be fun to watch the Wall Street goings on, on Monday as High Intensity robot traders go nuts and burn out circuit boards trying to track, buy and sell with the lightening fast ups and downs in all markets. If there is no natural panic . . . the automated trading will create the scenario of chaos. Just watch!

Hope the whole damn thing collapses! . . . It is bubbles within bubbles, backed by a million tons of non-existent paper currency supported by nothing at all but cheap talk. The whole U.S. Debt Economy is the greatest empty massive fraud ever in the history of humankind.

May head into Manhattan tomorrow morning with my niece who's going down to the Wall Street area. Might be fun to watch them flying from the Brokerage House skyscraper windows and splattering in the street below. Will take my camera and may post photos later tonight.

The Hard Dollar News
http://www.harddollarnews.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts