Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Low speed , High drag
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Herd on a podcast today some parents hearing from their active duty marines that they are going to be deployed to D.C. soon, Anyone hear of this ? Anyone here have a active duty marine in the family?

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
I'm not sure what is really going on or who is really in charge of the USA anymore.?! But something is amiss and I can't quite make head's or tails of anything with certainty but all is definitely not well in Denmark as they say. Some folks I know have gone dark. Which in my circle of trust means to stay frosty and don't put too much reliability in the MSM narrative. It could mean nothing, it could be rumor mill /scuttlebutt , it could be an October surprise too big to fail bailout coming like in 2008 , or an October surprise like the Bolsheviks did in 1917. I don't think we've seen anything yet. But I feel very certain that normal is not coming back for a long while.

·
Registered
317 Posts
"18 U.S.C. § 1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

This is from Wikipedia. While I understand that Wikipedia is not an authoritative source, it is generally fairly accurate.

If this is accurate, then the Marines are not precluded from being deployed domestically since they are not part of either Army or Air Force. With that being said, while I would not put it past them, I will believe it when it happens.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Maybe not act as cops but they do act as security, you can see them at white house and camp david all the time. Many are ceremonial or band in dc but oldest marine outpost is there at marine barracks. Including a security company.

·
Low speed , High drag
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was hoping someone here has family in the marines that could be a good source.

Reactions: Ghost863

·
Storyteller
3,107 Posts
Statutory Exceptions -- Generally. The Posse Comitatus Act does not apply where Congress has expressly authorized use of the military to execute the law. Congress has done so in three ways, by giving a branch of the armed forces civilian law enforcement authority, by establishing general rules for certain types of assistance, and by addressing individual cases and circumstances with more narrowly crafted legislation. Thus it has vested the Coast Guard, a branch of the armed forces, with broad law enforcement responsibilities. Second, over the years it has passed a fairly extensive array of particularized statutes, like those permitting the President to call out the armed forces in times of insurrection and domestic violence, 10 U.S.C. §§ 331-335. Finally, it has enacted general legislation authorizing the armed forces to share information and equipment with civilian law enforcement agencies, 10 U.S.C. §§ 371-382.

.navy.mil/research/library/online-reading-room/title-list-alphabetically/p/posse-comitatus-act-and-related-matters-a-sketch.html

So, the Navy view.

·
Born 120 years too late.
6,356 Posts
MAYBE it is the military coup we have been looking forward to.
Followed by executions for treason on the South Lawn of the WH.
Film at 11:00

·
Registered
None of your business.
3,058 Posts
Technically the president can order troops whoever their funding is allowed. If Biden wants to have all the marines in the USA to march All in and around DC, he can do that.

I have a buddy who works for the FBI and he told me for his group all leave has been cancelled until Oct. 15th. But that could be for various reasons. It’s also this time of year that government shutdowns are looming to save money for the next fiscal cycle.

but as others have mentioned. Nothing feels right.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,876 Posts
Herd on a podcast today some parents hearing from their active duty marines that they are going to be deployed to D.C. soon, Anyone hear of this ? Anyone here have a active duty marine in the family?
They're finally going to drain the swamp? I know ... wishful thinking! I'm sure that if they ARE being deployed most of them are doing so against their will. Most wish it was to clean up Washington D.C. and go after America's domestic enemies. The place is crawling with them.

I'll be interested in hearing more about this topic as things unfold.

·
Cross-eyed Target Shooter
1,375 Posts
"The constitution is an archaic document that has NO relevance in today's society!"

The democrats have thoroughly annulled the constitution in the past decade. It no longer applies. Most government workers in all levels of government don't even take their oaths seriously. And most people today can't even recite the Bill of Rights or have any notion of their constitutional freedoms as they are annotated.

Many in congress don't even know how the government itself works! Or care for that matter!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I would doubt it, active duty are forbidden to act as 'cops' when cops are available. Something about on old posse law...

Even when cops are available, they can’t be used ( in the US) to enforce civil law against civilians outside military facilities. There are exceptions for weapons of mass destruction and insurrection.

Restriction applies to National Guard, if called up by the president ( Title 10). It does not apply to NG called up by State Governors.

Marines have been deployed to DC for 200 years, I doubt Biden will stop that :) .

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
"The constitution is an archaic document that has NO relevance in today's society!"

The democrats have thoroughly annulled the constitution in the past decade. It no longer applies. Most government workers in all levels of government don't even take their oaths seriously. And most people today can't even recite the Bill of Rights or have any notion of their constitutional freedoms as they are annotated.

Many in congress don't even know how the government itself works! Or care for that matter!
With respect...

i would very strongly disagree with that.

Most people I know on local, state and federal government ARE taking their jobs QUITE seriously, most inner working folks do NOT take an oath, and are not required to.

But moreover, say that to LE, and the cog workers of any level of government and you would be very strongly surprised that many take it to the point where they are willing to endanger their jobs to do what is right.

its the LEADERSHIP the ELECTED OFFICIALS who are the problem.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Maybe they needed more room for refugees in Quantico so Nancy and Chuck have moved some Marines to the National Mall campgrounds.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
"18 U.S.C. § 1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

This is from Wikipedia. While I understand that Wikipedia is not an authoritative source, it is generally fairly accurate.

If this is accurate, then the Marines are not precluded from being deployed domestically since they are not part of either Army or Air Force. With that being said, while I would not put it past them, I will believe it when it happens.
Title 10, extends the requirement to the other armed branches other than the Coast Guard. IIRC, originally the Navy was used for high seas law enforcement. ( 19 century?).

1 - 20 of 61 Posts