1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I started out at 310 pounds, made some cut backs in August

Now I'm 286lbs, and now I'm going on a diet

My goal weight is 190-200lbs,

I'll post my exercise and workout routine later today.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok last night I did 100 sit-ups, 50 pull-downs, 10 lunges for each leg and 20 squats (I usually do more but my legs are hurting from doing so many the day before) 30 mountain climbers, 35 tricep dips, and I walked 1 mile. I would do more stuff, but I don't want to over do it and hurt myself, since I'm just starting out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good progress. Have you set a date when you plan to enlist? Your profile says you're 17, so I assume you will be in high school until next June.

·
Registered
317 Posts
practice pullups. if you get really good at them and find one of the marine recruiting stations (i saw one at six flags) you can win a hummer for doing 70 pullups in a row without letting go lol.

good luck marine and it sounds like you've made great progress so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you and me have the same goal my friend. Last summer I was weighing in at 287, today I'm weighing in at 223. If I can do it you definitely can, good luck and hope to see you in those blues! I'm an east coastie so MCRD Parris Island for me.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
run up that mountian there next to you and you will lose weight.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What are "pull-downs" ?

Have you talked with a recruiter yet?

I applaud your intentions and your progress toward getting in shape. But I feel the need to caution you about joining the Marine Corps as long as you are struggling with weight. The Marine Corps is an absolutely brutal environment for those who struggle with weight issues. You will need to get within height/weight requirements and stay there. That's not easy. If you struggle with weight in the Corps your time there will be a living hell and could lead to your dishcarge under other than honorable circumstances. Some of the other branches are much more lax about weight.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey there. Glad to hear of your weight loss. You sound like your doing great. I applaude you. My dad was a Marine. Those Marines train at Paris Island and my dad still talks about his experiences there. Go ahead and get you some standard issue boots to train in before you get there. It will help you get use to them because its different than tennis shoes.Hope that helps.:):thumb:

P.S. When you feel more comfortable running etc. go to a recruiter and ask him to run with you. He will be glad to show you the ropes(everything you will need to do to get in& for how long). Endurance is the key.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's the same, my diet, exercise, and workout routine hit the fan, I'm starting over but everything is still the same.
I understand that after working out at my recruiters office and running with a few other poolies every day we stopped completely 3 weeks ago and didnt start up again until today. Didn't gain any weight but our running has been crippled.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A little update, I ran 1.5 miles and walked 1.5 more miles, I did 10 push-ups, and 10 crunches, I plan to do more, but I was short on time today,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts