Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

March 05

The Boston Massacre

On the cold, snowy night of March 5, 1770, a mob of American colonists gathers at the Customs House in Boston and begins taunting the British soldiers guarding the building. The protesters, who called themselves Patriots, were protesting the occupation of their city by British troops, who were sent to Boston in 1768 to enforce unpopular taxation measures passed by a British parliament that lacked American representation.

THEN

It got serious...

was this the real shot heard around the world?

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HARD TO believe the same Boston is now populated by folks who would gladly bend over for the same restrictive authoritarian buttheads promising "a better world."

Crispus Atticus must be spinning in his grave going "WTF!!!!!"

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
5,720 Posts

March 05

The Boston Massacre

On the cold, snowy night of March 5, 1770, a mob of American colonists gathers at the Customs House in Boston and begins taunting the British soldiers guarding the building. The protesters, who called themselves Patriots, were protesting the occupation of their city by British troops, who were sent to Boston in 1768 to enforce unpopular taxation measures passed by a British parliament that lacked American representation.

THEN

It got serious...

was this the real shot heard around the world?
It was a number of events rather than a single event.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
research James Otis JR. the real father of our country.

James Otis JR sued the King of England to end a practice known as Writs of Assistance. a third of the people who signed the Declaration of Independence were in the audience for the closing arguments. the closing arguments were the moment of conception for the revolution.

·
Registered
76 Posts
research James Otis JR. the real father of our country.

James Otis JR sued the King of England to end a practice known as Writs of Assistance. a third of the people who signed the Declaration of Independence were in the audience for the closing arguments. the closing arguments were the moment of conception for the revolution.

Interesting thought, but that is like saying your mother’s first boyfriend was your real father.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I had always thought that the ‘shot heard around the world’ was the battle of Lexington and Concord. April 19, 1775.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
I had always thought that the ‘shot heard around the world’ was the battle of Lexington and Concord. April 19, 1775.
It seems there is a bit of debate on that. And no one can say who shot the first one. Some say the first one one was at Concord, others say Lexington. But we whipped them in the end so it worked out well.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I made a trip to Boston back in the late '90s to meet a person. I had some free time during the day and, being a history buff, I walked the Freedom Trail. One of the stops is the Granary Burial Ground, where the Boston Massacre victims are buried together.

On the downside, it was in February and Boston had just received a lot of snow. So it was a very cold walking tour. On the plus side, it was in February and very cold, so there weren't a lot of other tourists around to deal with.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The arguments about the dates be as they may. For me, Thursday 4 July 1776 is the most important in our nations history. Real men giving the bird to King George. Ron Jeremy doesn't have nothing on the big balls those gentlemen carried that day!

·
A Way of Life
1,305 Posts
It seems there is a bit of debate on that. And no one can say who shot the first one. Some say the first one one was at Concord, others say Lexington. But we whipped them in the end so it worked out well.

The first shot was definitely at Lexington. 8 MA men were killed and 10 wounded. There was one regular that was hit, and so was Major Pitcairn's horse. Now, who fired the first shot is a point of contention, with each side pointing their finger at the other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts