Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone ever heard of this reality TV show? It focuses on a professional tracker paired up with a local guide, whereby they track and try to capture two contestants. The catch is the tracker and guide are on horseback, and the prey must travel 25 miles in 36 hours to the finishing line. Mantracker and his guide do not have a map, nor do they know where the finishing line is.

Here's one episode. I usually root for the prey, but in this episode, I rooted for Mantracker. These city boys are total jerks!

If you guys were on the show, what would be your strategies? What would you carry?

·
Registered
1 Posts
watch this show quite a bit, as some of the shows are taped around my area.

The only way people win is by cheating (catching rides, etc) or bushwhacking.. which in the mountainous terrain, often injures contestants.

Get mantracker in front of you... then you follow him...
People always try this, and it never works. He's a professional tracker... not an idiot.

As for throwing him off with tricks, again; he's a professional tracker.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
There was a woman who tied sacking to her boots and she still got caught, the bloke tried bare foot but tracker just carried on without much hesitation.

·
bad grammar deal with it
452 Posts
well first off i would leave as little footprint as i could ie not throw my cigar on the ground like this bozo did. secondly i wouldnt have taken his fat arse on the trip to begin with.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
frist thing i would do is go in the wrong direction then double back quickly and set up some fake trails hopfully that would throw him off a bit.. they got owned though.. i have hiked in that area befor its not super easy train but going up the shale face i hate that take 2 steps foward 4 back it really sucks hikeing up that done stuff like that befor as well looks like they didnt have fun at all they should of packed lighter then they did and no rain jacket he got owned badly on that one.. if you in bc bring a jacket..

would of brought knife lighter and fire starting stuff little food water rainjacket spare socks and thats about it then run like hell and the friend i would take likes to rock climb so he would be like a spider up the hill

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
Oh gee thanks dude. You got me addicted. lol. Show seems awesome. Defently get to learn some great things of backpacking and wilderness survival by watching these people's mistakes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
there was another show called "manhunt" on the military channel I enjoyed watching as I served with a few of the people on the show as well as a few of the 'consultants'.

it was interesting to sit and watch as I had spent a significant amount of time crawling and climbing through mountainous terrain in A-stan with one of them in the early 90's and i could almost predict what he would do next....oh to be young and dumb again

·
Always watching from afar
292 Posts
I had never herd of this show but I am defiantly going to check it out now. Looks like a good show. I would like to learn all those skills he has.

·
462 Posts
Since reading this thread I have watched several episodes on youtube.

Obviously the camera man lowers the realism.

Still, this show really entertains me.

It would be great to have a map to follow along as I watch.

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Would like to get these shows Downunder. I think I would seriously have a hard time not setting some traps for the cowboys and their horses. See how they go on foot.

They carry on like real harda55es but they have the odds seriously stacked their way, even without tracking skills: horses, local terrain expert, city home-boys to hunt. Do the cowboys know the start/finish-points, or just the time allowed?

It would be nice to see say a celebrity Man-tracker episode, where they hunt down and humiliate maybe politicians, millionaires, actors. Then maybe they could go up against some military trained guys - hell give everyone paintball guns. Damn, stay there....don't move....I'll be right over...:D:

·
Intemporaliter Fidelis
282 Posts
I would leave a real easy trail for a couple of hours then lay ankle breakers and small punji pits on my backtrail. Don't want to kill em just slow em down a little. :D::D::D:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Oh gee thanks dude. You got me addicted. lol. Show seems awesome. Defently get to learn some great things of backpacking and wilderness survival by watching these people's mistakes.
Pot was telling me about this online. It's catching because I want to watch. What channel and time is it on?

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
How much of a head start do you get? I can do 20 miles over wooded terrain with a 30 pound pack in 5 hours.
Its not much a couple of hours thats all, Does not take long for Mantracker to catch up though.
Remember this bloke is going to hunt and ride you down so a 30 lb pack on your back is going to get heavy and he does not give a $h!t about you, if you harm or scare his hoss you had better make sure you are at least a good couple of miles in front of him.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts