Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wouldn't believe that .it would cost millions to enforce also would cause alot more panic plus the president was just telling American people to stay calm and don't buy up all the just shop as normal .so I don't believe in a mandatory state wide two week quarantine is going to happen [I

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

·
MortarMaggot
3,490 Posts
I wouldn't believe that .it would cost millions to enforce also would cause alot more panic plus the president was just telling American people to stay calm and don't buy up all the just shop as normal .so I don't believe in a mandatory state wide two week quarantine is going to happen [I

I'm not saying it's happening, but they wouldn't need a cop on every corner to enforce this. Most people would go along with it for a few reasons. Some just do whatever they're told. Others are scared enough of catching it as it is & some will realize that if virtually everything is closed, there ain't much to do outside your house/yard. Then when the streets & sidewalks are mostly empty, any car that isn't emergency services, military or some other approved vehicle will stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I'm not saying it's happening, but they wouldn't need a cop on every corner to enforce this. Most people would go along with it for a few reasons. Some just do whatever they're told. Others are scared enough of catching it as it is & some will realize that if virtually everything is closed, there ain't much to do outside your house/yard. Then when the streets & sidewalks are mostly empty, any car that isn't emergency services, military or some other approved vehicle will stick out like a sore thumb.
I would agree with this for a weekend or just a few week days, after that, most people couldn't sustain a week at home. Additionally, it's not like they're going to be able to order delivery. How many businesses would require "someone" working to sustain food deliveries, medical services, emergency services, law-enforcement, grocery stocking, garbage pick up, gas stations and associated transport, plumbing services, Amazon/UPS/Fedex/Postal Service deliveries...I could go on, but you get the point.

A free market won't be shutdown for more than a couple of days, but even if shutdown, people will still be required to work in certain industries. About the only "restriction" I could buy would be restaurants shifting from no dining in to take-out only...it's still an overreaction though.

I'm just going to start asking if we need to do this same, ridiculous over-reaction every year for flu-season?

ROCK6

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would agree with this for a weekend or just a few week days, after that, most people couldn't sustain a week at home. Additionally, it's not like they're going to be able to order delivery. How many businesses would require "someone" working to sustain food deliveries, medical services, emergency services, law-enforcement, grocery stocking, garbage pick up, gas stations and associated transport, plumbing services, Amazon/UPS/Fedex/Postal Service deliveries...I could go on, but you get the point.

A free market won't be shutdown for more than a couple of days, but even if shutdown, people will still be required to work in certain industries. About the only "restriction" I could buy would be restaurants shifting from no dining in to take-out only...it's still an overreaction though.

I'm just going to start asking if we need to do this same, ridiculous over-reaction every year for flu-season?

ROCK6
Washington state starting today. No restaurants, etc

·
MortarMaggot
3,490 Posts
Washington state starting today. No restaurants, etc
So do you think we'll have people in MOPP 4 or some kind of bio hazard suit delivering us our govt. allotment of bread & eggs? This could be amusing if it did happen. Of course for non preppers or people who have the bulk of their preps at a BOL it might not be as amusing. :eek:: Luckily 2 weeks won't be a problem for us, even a month+ is fine.

·
operatorchan.org
2,798 Posts
I have my doubts. Something like that isn't feasible. Are they going to give exceptions for firefighters, hospital staff, etc.? The Economy would shut down. Would public trading be paused? The economic factors alone tell me that that wouldn't happen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm fairly prepared not so much financially but as far as food ,water , coffee ,tobacco .
I'm also prepared for this mentally .I'm just not sure that they are going to lock the whole country down and quarantine all of us .I've never been in a major disaster either or ever thought that it would go as far as it has .

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
There will be a quarantine. We are in the early stages of the lock-down. Prepare for it.
My company will go along with whatever comes up... be nice to have a couple of weeks off with pay, I believe it will be an expanded FMLA thing for almost everyone that works in a big enough place. I have enough vacation to weather the storm.

·
Off the leash
2,434 Posts
Also, all restaurants, bars and gaming clubs in IL are closing starting this evening. Things are getting bad and they are only going to get worse.

Side note, friend went to a bigger WM about 30 miles from us yesterday, in a town of about 10,000 maybe, and they had armed police men in the TP aisle.

·
Banned
491 Posts
Here in Oregon We went to Safeway in our town near Salem Oregon last week and ironically the only thing they were out of was candy. The whole candy section was cleaned out but they did have lots of toilet paper!! We aren't in a big city though and everyone went to the big city from what I've heard. It wasn't even very busy here we went in the late evening.

We also went to Bi Mart and it was absolutely a snooze. Nothing really happening there.

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
There will be a quarantine. We are in the early stages of the lock-down. Prepare for it.
They are literally training us for it. Day by day cutting down events and decreasing numbers (1000, 250, 100, 50, …). Closing government buildings, getting bars and restaurants to scale down then close, movie theaters closing, etc. etc.

Boiling that frog.

By the time they say nobody should leave for several weeks, they'll have mostly been at home because there was no place to go anyway.

About the time they tell people they can send one person from the family out to shop and assign the day and time based on your last name, and police are checking your "essential worker travel papers" people might suddenly think, "Hey, I think they shut down the country". :D:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not going to work very well. Too many "essential" services everywhere. Contrary to what the talking heads or city dwellar believes tangible goods don't just magically appear in the store. People in factories make them. Truckers deliver them. People who work in factories need fuel, trucks need fuel. Go down the line. Even a few days hiccup in the supply chain would spell doom. Out here we also feed the cattle and are starting the process of growing the worlds grain. About everyone does something ag or factory related around here. And if you don't you're doing something that supports those who do. Everyone would have a free pass to go about our business, and nowhere near enough authority to stop those who don't need to be out.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The president "suggested" it in the afternoon speech today. This clears the way for states to make their individual calls with the backing of the federal govt.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts