Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,656 Posts
HEy MAN VS WILD OR SURVIVOR MAN?

cheers
I wouldn't know. I guess those are tv shows? I hardly ever watch tv. But maybe some can learn from those shows?
Some survivalists learn from actually doing and practicing survival. Not too many but hear about it now and then. Proof of how I learn, Practice and Live survival - new pics of my remote mtn retreat and also another member's retreat > http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=52880

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
SURVIVOR MAN more pratical more level headed and doesnt do stubid things that will get you killed... even will admit when he made a mistake and should of stayed in the one are he was in.. He left it when there was water and food and shelter for a diffrent area and he was like I should of stayed all the easy food is gone the water is unsafe to drink I was better off at the last place..

with MAN VS WILD its more lets eat that disgusting thing.. do things taht will make you sick or most people wouldnt do.. for rateings.. not only that lets climb up this 200 ft mountian up through a crack instead of simply walking the trail beside it.. or zig zaging up the hill side no lets take the most danguros way to the top.. If some people follow his example they could get killed.. hes like o a cave lets explore it there are some risks but lets do it anyways.... we do it by makeing a torch.. the problem isnt that its your in a confind space with fire problem 1... 2 if it goes out how do you relight it 3 if you get lost or fall in a hole now you really screwed..

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm new here so here's where I stand. Les goes out in the wild and survives.

Pretty boy Bear goes out into the wild with a large film crew and normally sleeps in a hotel during his shoots.

I'm in no way taking away from Bear's abilities as he is definitely qualified as a survivalist.

I'm just saying that Stroud's shows are not only more believable, but are also more realistic.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Les is more entertaining than Bare (as in he likes to take his clothes off). I used to rail on Les until I realized that he is setting up a scenario. Bare has a survival expert with him at all times (see credits). Les is kind of a wimp though (or is it Canadian?)

·
Culturally Biased
430 Posts
They are both so rigged its pathetic especially survivorman. Seems there is always a perfect for the occasion piece of garbage laying around or the eagle just so happened to leave an almost uneaten fish on the riverbank...give me a break, its a bunch of hooey!

·
DEFCON 4
6,583 Posts
They are both so rigged its pathetic especially survivorman. Seems there is always a perfect for the occasion piece of garbage laying around or the eagle just so happened to leave an almost uneaten fish on the riverbank...give me a break, its a bunch of hooey!
it is not rigged!!!!!!!!! it is just like wrestling!!!!! totally real......:thumb:

·
1,511 Posts
I liked the show I saw with the fellow named Mike---he was in the military and had one show (that I saw) on survival----wish I could remember more of the little details-

·
No IQ test required
171 Posts
Les is the man look for his first show its him and his wife living in the wood off the land for almost a year, That man vs Wild was caught using HOTELs last year. Also Les is no wimp I would not want to get stuck in the Artic ever... also there is only one man that is Richard Proenneke

·
Registered
410 Posts
I like survivorman best but next week will farell is on man vs wild so I will watch that simply because it should be very funny! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts