Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was, hangin' out on the forum, shootin' the breeze with the boys
(and girls), stumblin' along, doing my thing, and hangin' on by my fingernails
( as usual:D:) when I notice I have a PM. So, I takes a gander, and it turns out I'm being disciplined by a moderator for a rules infraction, and actually recieve an entire "point" on my record. ( maybe now I can rub elbows with FX John down at the arcade).
Now, I'm not complaining or arguing, not just 'cause that's probably against some rule, but because, I DID in fact briefly discuss a subject I knew was verboten, though honestly, it was more of a slip-up than an intentional violation. Nonetheless....my bad.
But then,as if this wasn't enough, I happen to notice someone removed me from their freinds list:eek:. It turns out,as best I can tell, there's no way of determining who, but thankfully, it doesn't seem to be any of my best forum freinds and allies, yet try as I might, I couldn't figure out who it might have been,or why.
Now,I'm not truly busted up over this,believe me, I'm honestly more curious than anything. And,while I can admitedly be opinionated,sarcastic,rude,short-tempered,obtuse, ( to name a few of my "virtues":rolleyes: ) I actually strive not to be. So to whoever chose to no longer have their name associated with mine, ( and any considering it:D:) I do apologize.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
Soooo does this make you a "little John" ?:D:

Reactions: MIL-DOT

·
Consent Withdrawn!
2,020 Posts
Sounds like I should have read some "rules" or something. You mean you just can't say anything that's on your mind?
I've noticed a lot of **** in words...so, you can't just write the word, you gotta do something cute, but everyone knows what you mean? Glad we're all big boys and girls here.

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
Not sure what the infraction comment was, MIL-DOT, but you're a good guy in my book anyway... :thumb:

The last time I was given an infraction, I plead my case to the moderator. He was a complete gentleman, looked into the situation - saw that i was being attacked left and right (mostly left... :D:) and he reversed the decision. I thanked him sincerely for taking the time to look into it.

All I can say, Mil-Dot, is don't let the turkeys get you down...

·
Nope.
2,099 Posts
Huh. What looks like a sincere apology and admission of screwuppery.

Heck, man. I might have to add you to my friends list just for having the brass ones to throw it all out there. Good on you for being an adult!

Years ago while moderating on a board, I had permabanned some kid and his multiple accounts. A couple years later I saw him in the chat on that same site and expected to need to remove him. To the contrary, he apologized and told me he understood why I was forced to remove him.

I still have the little turd on my IM. He turned into a heck of a cool young man.

·
Christian Survivalist
2,632 Posts
Mil-Dot,

It has been my personal experience over the years that when there is a barrier of some sort (IE Forum, Snail Mail, Email or Telephone) people tend to try and get in your face, only when they can’t.

I suppose in my youth I'd been known to pick a fight or two when forums first came out. But over the years I have learned that despite how weird people are (and we are all people) someday that weird person might just come to your aid somehow, somewhere.

So I try my best to overlook it when people get all burley when there is a barrier over something not so significant. However, the other day someone called me a Nazi, a Moron, and an Idiot. Now, that was a lot of water (more like Niagara falls) running off my back. And, because I don’t discuss and connect the credit card issues of specific customers in a public forum such as this, it is what it is.

Sometimes I simply have to take a deep breath and realize that I am not responsible for any lack of personal good credit on their part, nor am I responsible for when said such credit card company turns theirs off.

I simply smile on the other side of that barrier and wait for the water to drain off my back.

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts
heya Mil.. no probs here... I find you to be a pretty truth driven poster... more of what we need around here IMHO...:thumb:

Reactions: MIL-DOT

·
American fearmaker
14,248 Posts
MIL-DOT, I hoped you learned a lesson. The day I got my 1 pointer, I felt obligated to turn off the lights in my house, put a paper bag over my head and sit quietly all day in the dark. It was bad. Really bad but I got over it. I put my shame away and almost sinned no more. Okay... I did sin some more but I just haven't lately gotten caught. And, no, this is NOT a confession.

Jeez! For crying out loud! I'm a combat veteran paratrooper. I'm not expected to be civil, nice or wimpy. Punishing me is like spinning your tires in mud. You make a lot of noise but you sure don't go anywhere. Giving me a 1 point demerit is like saying something bad to me in person. It ain't gonna faze me but at least you had your say and maybe I might not err again BUT I sure wouldn't take any bets on it. Heck, I'm just as apt to accidentally err as anything. Paratroopers don't get many Good Conduct Medals. Purple Hearts, yeah. But not many Good Conduct Medals. It just goes with the animal.

·
Super Duper Moderator. I'm helping!
9,768 Posts
MIL-DOT,

I understand how you feel. I sure am glad Mareupus is gone. Talk about a person with an agenda. Don't let it get you down, those who like you and I'm one of them, like you.
Caseyboy
My one and only infraction was from her. Still am not sure why other than I used a word to describe a procedure that is a no-no here. At the time thought it was a pretty immature thing for the mod to do, especially considering some of the stuff that flies sometimes. Still feel that way, but hey ... it's just the internet ... :D:

I, for one, am glad I am not a mod ... seems like a no-win situation ... especially if one were to take it too seriously ... like I said above ... it's just the internet ... :D:

Mil-Dot ... I have read your posts ... I cannot imagine you being trollish ... hiding something?? ;)

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
Will Rogers

You know the older I get the more I enjoy pezzing on the fence. I don't think I would lose any sleep over this small crap.

·
missed
11,239 Posts
If the person in question has been banned himself/herself, would that automatically remove him/her from your list? Just wondering...
It removes you from there list if it is a permaban but no it does not remove them from yours.

And MIL I am so sorry but I was going thru my friends list and was like who the hell is this, couldn't remember so I deleted you :( forgive me? :p

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL !! :D: Thank you all for the support,seriously, but I really wasn't about to step out on the ledge or anything ! Though I was being sincere,there was also a little well-meant tongue-in-cheek levity intended in that post.
Anyway, you guys are good people my book,too.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.