Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Looks to be poorly designed and poorly executed. I think this is more a case of a person with a mental disorder, possibly some sort of Paranoia, rather than a Survivalist digging his own shelter. That home will probably have to be condemned now that the foundation is compromised. It would never have resisted one of our California Quakes.

·
Pantomime Villain
3,969 Posts
it wasnt finished.. I dont see why he went so deep though.. that must of been allot of work.. I want to build an underground home.. not for any reason other then look at me I got a cool underground home :p
True, but he hadn't put in sufficient support to prevent the ground from subsiding to the point that his neighbours could actually see into his tunnel from their property. He was lucky it didn't collapse on top of him.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Looks to be poorly designed and poorly executed. I think this is more a case of a person with a mental disorder, possibly some sort of Paranoia, rather than a Survivalist digging his own shelter. That home will probably have to be condemned now that the foundation is compromised. It would never have resisted one of our California Quakes.
and yet the lamestream media just HAS to throw in that this mentally unstable 1 man ant colonny has GUNS.... and BATTERIES!!!! OH NOES :eek:

If i were to have an underground home, it would be a Hobbit Smial, from lord of the Rings

·
Banned
7,205 Posts
well this puts it in a whole new perspective.

didnt know the guy was hispanic , or that the place was made so badly you could see into it and it was collapsing, now this gun thing makes me more concerned since it might have to deal with (drug trafficing or gun running etc) i just thought this was some old white guy digging a hold under his house and happend to keep some stuff down there.

Notice they didnt mention the Friggin grenades again lol

·
Silent Bob
2,343 Posts
well this puts it in a whole new perspective.

didnt know the guy was hispanic , or that the place was made so badly you could see into it and it was collapsing, now this gun thing makes me more concerned since it might have to deal with (drug trafficing or gun running etc) i just thought this was some old white guy digging a hold under his house and happend to keep some stuff down there.

Notice they didnt mention the Friggin grenades again lol

What does his race have to do with anything. Just because he's hispanic doesnt mean that he has to be involed with drugs or guns. It could just be a guy like any of us trying to prepare for the worst.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
They just discovered (it's on the Texas news station now) that the home owner was originally from New Mexico, Roswell I think the news guy said, wait hang on, oh WOW, yep Roswell the news guy said, and friends and family are saying that the aliens were conducting some experiment like the movie The Fly, only it was a mole what got caught in the experimental transfer, which explains the home owner's digging fetish. Makes sense.

·
Banned
13,890 Posts

·
Christian Survivalist
2,632 Posts
Seems to me the media is more paranoid about what he had in there, Chemicals (which are just welding gas and a fire extinguisher), then the guy that built is poorly designed hole in the ground. Who's more paranoid?

·
Prepared in NH
12,880 Posts
Looks more like just a deep pit, with a lot of junk scattered around. Not exactly an underground shelter - of any kind.

·
Errrrr
5,680 Posts
Wha, brother, you forgot to put a toilet in.
:eek:

Looks more like just a deep pit, with a lot of junk scattered around. Not exactly an underground shelter - of any kind.
Well with the welding equipment perhaps he planned to reinforce everything. Still I agree, definitely not something I would want to go into nor live on top of!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.