Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Always Gunnin
535 Posts
WHAT!! You mean there's magazines out there for less than 75 bucks! I would not feel good about myself right now if I would've paid those ungodly prices some people are paying. Not trying to be mean just honest.

·
Veritas Aequitas
1,956 Posts
WHAT!! You mean there's magazines out there for less than 75 bucks! I would not feel good about myself right now if I would've paid those ungodly prices some people are paying. Not trying to be mean just honest.
These are still double the price of a normal usgi mag...never heard of the manufacturer and haven't seen anything with white followers before. These mags might be fine, but they certainly aren't the tried and true PMAGs people are paying big bucks for. Apples and oranges.

·
Always Gunnin
535 Posts
These are still double the price of a normal usgi mag...never heard of the manufacturer and haven't seen anything with white followers before. These mags might be fine, but they certainly aren't the tried and true PMAGs people are paying big bucks for. Apples and oranges.
I realize they aren't the price of the normal USGI mags, around here those normal USGI mags are going for 50-80 bucks. Even the no name metal 30 round mags are going for 40-45 a piece. I'm just saying paying those high prices just isn't for me. That's all. This company makes numerous AR15 parts. Not saying they are PMags but they are still a 30 round AR mag that is well under the going rate. I have magazines that other people consider junk and they work fine. Then again I'm not at all afraid to take time to tune mine and make them work the way they should. BTW I only gave 6.30 a piece for my "junk" magazines.

·
Veteran 11BC2/EOD
2,020 Posts
Ah yes, the creation of the artificial market begins........

Justification of why a magazine costing $75 during the panic is suddenly better than a magazine which becomes available at half the cost. I bet if they were Brownelles mags there would be exactly the same, uh they arent Pmags so they are crap, they arent poly mags so they are crap, they arent 30rd so they are crap, its a 20rd with a black follower , they are crap...ad infinitum.

I hope all of you paying WAY to much for magazines get a huge slap down when the ban doesnt happen.

Its a steel magazine body, so no matter whats percieved "wrong" it can be easily fixed. Followers, springs, floor plates and feed lips. Easy fix. Ever tried to fix a broken Pmag?? Oh but they are so much better so its ok you cant fix them, right..?

Cant see one well enough to tell yet, but I bet they are FN mags contracted for IMI for the FS2000 and the TAVOR (EDIT: looking at the website, it appears the followers are IMI standard anti tilt and are equivelent to anti tilt USGI)

The laughing your hear in the background is coming from people who prepped

·
Registered
592 Posts
Not meaning to hijack or anything, but since this stuff has startedi have 2 PMags on back order, just ordered a non pmag 30 rd from Stag Arms this morning, and my MP is supposed to come with a 30 rounder. YET when I see these notifications and go to the link, for some reason I feel compelled to buy at least one. How many 30 round mags is enough for one AR? Would you guys advise for or against me buying this mag when I have 4 coming already?

·
Always Gunnin
535 Posts
Not meaning to hijack or anything, but since this stuff has startedi have 2 PMags on back order, just ordered a non pmag 30 rd from Stag Arms this morning, and my MP is supposed to come with a 30 rounder. YET when I see these notifications and go to the link, for some reason I feel compelled to buy at least one. How many 30 round mags is enough for one AR? Would you guys advise for or against me buying this mag when I have 4 coming already?
At that price buy as many as you think YOU need. Some would say 5 is enough others would say 50 so the number is completely up to you. Given the state of things 19 bucks is pretty dang cheap so I would buy if I needed to.

·
Always Gunnin
535 Posts
Today I have seen mags available at two different websites. Does that mean the panic is calming down?
I would say no it doesn't mean that. They were probably orders possibly in transit or something of the sort. Those people are just not raising their prices is all I would guess. It'll be a bit before things subside I think.

·
Economist
446 Posts
I wont buy Israeli products. Israel is a tiny nation that has undue influence on our country.

Buy pmags from Magpul, its an American product. If you want cheap, just buy used GI mags, they are underated. (Just check out the magazine torture test on AR-15.com)

·
Veteran 11BC2/EOD
2,020 Posts
No, the panic is not dying down, there are just much fewer people surfing the web on the holiday.

My guess, the mags were palletized on trucks until a day or so ago, they arrived and were immediately put in the inventory. Shipping takes a bit from Isreal, probably shipped and cleared Customs before the shooting.

Watch how fast these are gone. Watch how fast someone enterprising starts selling these at 50+ each:)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Buy whatever you can get and sell what you don't want. I've got 41 30 round AR mags, all in like new shape, all good brands. Just ordered 15 from here and another 10 from another vendor the other day. I've got 2 Fals and around 100 mags for them. I ordered another 10 new Korean ones the other day, just to have some more new mags. I already had a bunch of the Koreans I'd bought earlier this year. You can always sell them later, if you need to. I like the idea of having mags for practice and others for SHTF.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts