Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Beer Truck Door Gunner
30,718 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/standearth/videos/10153771944289221/

Saw this today on Facebook. Love the idea for making clean water from humid air.

Not sure if this has been shared yet.

Edited to add new link since I can't seem to open the one from Facebook

http://www.businessinsider.com/fontus-bottle-makes-water-out-of-air-2016-1
Your air conditioner does this all the time. It's just common condensation.

Just remember that it's not making purified water for you. If it's in the air then it will be in the water you condense. Pollution, mold and algae spores, airborne pathogens, etc.

There is a reason that A/C condenser drain lines need to be chlorinated. The drains will mold over and clog because of what's in the air.

Reactions: Aussie1 and REM

·
Forward, into the fray!
3,682 Posts
The very base of what makes an air conditioner work is de-humidifying the air. Chicago had to pass a law that upper floor air conditioners must drain down the wall, not just out onto the sidewalk where they drizzled onto people walking under them.

·
Beer Truck Door Gunner
30,718 Posts
yeah it's pretty cool:D::thumb:
Not really. It's just old science on a small and very slow scale.

These devices don't make a lot of water very fast and the water still isn't exactly clean.

Reactions: stephpd

·
Getting There!
11,458 Posts
Filling up in an hour somewhere like where I live is an impressive amount. Short of pollen there isn't too much in the air... you're breathing it. If it's going to kill you I'd figure that would be faster than drinking it. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Reactions: IamZeke and REM

·
Registered
11,673 Posts
One of my potential water options is to use a dehumidifier and then filter/purify the water. My home dehumidifier fills a 5 gallon reservoir in about 2 days. But I also have a 7 acre pond full of water too, so I don't anticipate running out of water.

·
Getting There!
11,458 Posts
You're not going to pack an dehumidifier or AC and enough panels to operate it most likely.

The water produced by this contraption isn't likely to be stored long or inhaled I hope.

I guess that I'm recalling the worst of the drought that left absolutely no surface water in East Texas short of the major lakes and reservoirs. Between them there was nothing at all. Nada. That's where I can see the utility in such a device.

·
Registered
11,673 Posts
You're not going to pack an dehumidifier or AC and enough panels to operate it most likely.

The water produced by this contraption isn't likely to be stored long or inhaled I hope.

I guess that I'm recalling the worst of the drought that left absolutely no surface water in East Texas short of the major lakes and reservoirs. Between them there was nothing at all. Nada. That's where I can see the utility in such a device.
That's what generators are for, Yamaha to the rescue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.