Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jesus, Family,and Country
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are all your ways of making venison burger? I personally like to put a little High-Fat bacon in the grinder with the meat so I get a good even taste, and it isn't so lean that the burger sticks in a pan, like I have sometime had a problem with. So does anyone else have any different ways they do it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
If I was making them with venison I`d be using your trick with the bacon and adding in a small amount of crushed juniper berries and maybe some butchers rusk/cereal filler for less of a lean texture.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
For burger I add up to 30% beef fat when I grind. For sausage I add pork fat. Luckily I have a friend who is a butcher so I get the trimmings for free.

·
Registered
85 Posts
this is going to be a good post...looking forward to seeing everyones ways....i use lipton onion soup mix and work it in the burger.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I trim all the deer fat and add no additional fat. Spray the grill with no stick before browning or making burgers, or coat the pan with a little bacon grease. You negate all the benefits of eating venison if you load it with pork or beef fat.

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
I trim all the deer fat and add no additional fat. Spray the grill with no stick before browning or making burgers, or coat the pan with a little bacon grease. You negate all the benefits of eating venison if you load it with pork or beef fat.
What difference if the bacon grease is in the burger or the pan?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
334 Posts
This year I added no fat to the deer I killed I also add onion soup mix and wishchershire sauce (sp) mix it in a bowl, the key to keeping it from sticking is to put the burgers on a hot clean grill. Have a cool zone on one side of the grill and don't place the burgers on until the coals are white hot. In a pan I use olive oil again a hot pan and if I'm making hamburger helper or what not I don't drain off the oil.

·
Jesus, Family,and Country
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next time I make some, I am probaly going to use the bacon method again. I think I will add some creole seasoning to the grinder too, get a good extra taste to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts