Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After modifying a few production knives, my plan is to continue. Old Hickory and Cold Steel knives for 10 to 20 bucks you can have a good starting point.

Old Hickory Butchers, Skinner, and Slicer can become mighty versatile bushcraft blades.

Cold Steel
True Flight Thrower - 5 mm thick
GI Tanto - 4 mm thick
Barong & Bowie Machetes - 3 mm thick

The Kukri is a good shape I don't think I'd modify it, plus it is less than 3mm. The Barong and Bowie are nice but they are not choppers like a Kukri. My Barong sits idle compared to the Kukri. PLUS a 12 in blade could easily become 2 knife projects.

Although a homemade saw back on that Barong is a good option.

·
V
21,713 Posts
I love khukri's although I'm tempted by trying to put a saw back on one similar to the Pathfinder knife from wildernessoutfitters on youtube.

Be interested to see some pictures of your projects when your done K :D:

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
923 Posts
I've got an ninja sword that had a welded rod for a tang and it broke at the weld one day when I chopped a thick grape vine. I'm gonna turn that into a rather large knife. That was back before we had the quality combat ready swords available that we have today. When the kung fu and ninja shows first hit the market alot of the swords on the market were crap. Now all my swords are combat ready. I'm trying to figure out how to attach handles to each side of the blade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts