Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Isaiah 1:17
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy would something like this be easy to find, and what prices would I be looking at to get one? Im partial to Soviet weapons for some reason, not sure why. :cool:

·
Registered
608 Posts
What's it for, you should find them easily enough, 9x18 round isn't the best, similar in power to .380.

Nice small pistol for CCW though.

Tokarev tt33 is a nice soviet era gun with an excellent round if you're interested in that.

·
watcher
585 Posts
Couple months ago sub-$300 for one. Im really not sure nowadays with guns flying off shelves.
To me, as much as I like them, they're just not worth more than
$300.

I have a Baikal model with "target" sights. Utterly reliable, surpisingly accurate. Love it.
Nice hiking/camping gun.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I have a russki commercial model I bought like new about 1/3rd box of cartridges fired thru, I'm pleased - ammo is'nt the easiest to find but it will fire .380 in emergency but no accuracy.
I'm checking a cz82 a better quality pistol but a surplus cop gun. maybe if I can weasel the lgs down a bit more.

·
in a land of confusion
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
The CZ-82 surplus is 9mm Mak and, pre-hysteria, was widely available for right around $200. I've heard nothing but good things about that particular gun, especially for the price. And it's a pretty good looking gun IMO. Could be a bit hard to find at the moment though, I haven't looked lately.

I'd already own one if not for the odd caliber. I haven't seen Mak ammo at any of my LGS and don't like the idea of having to order my ammo online. If I ever have an extra couple hundred dollars burning a hole in my pocket for some reason though, I'll pick one up.

·
Confused,but not Lost
1,088 Posts
I own one and yes, it is my ccw, some say its alittle heavy, but I figure if I ever need to use it as a club the weight will help. It is the type of gun thats just comfortable to shoot and pretty damn accurate. As for ammo, I carry Silver Bear hollow points and have alot of ball ammo that I buy whenever SMG has it for sale. Mine is a Bulgarian. I ordered a nice IWB Falco holster that is leather and sits comfortly.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,098 Posts
I really like my CZ82, and it is chambered in this round. I'd recommend it to anyone. For 250 you cant go wrong with it

·
Registered
80 Posts
Century is releasing new ones in 9mm for 2013, I wouldn't purchase any quite yet, they're being distributed by century so I'm sure there will be quite a few of them available soon. There's an ad for them on the back cover of guns and ammo this month.

·
Breeder of SwampRats
52 Posts
I have one that I carried for my ccw when I was younger and they were cheap :) If you do get one it is worth the extra money to get the Spetnaz type holster. Pull straight up and it is a regular holster, push down and it chambers a round, cocks the hammer and releases the safety. Ready to rock and roll.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've had my Russian Mak for quite a while. I replaced the grips with Pearce grips and bought several spare mags. It's now in the bug out bag in the trunk of my car. Accurate, reliable, and a lot of fun to shoot. I run the Hornady XTP ammo in carry mode.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a couple of the CZ82s and have (had) no problem finding the ammo - pre hysteria; however it is cheaper to buy on line in bulk with free shipping. I ordered in bulk a few days after the alarming incident in New Town for a reasonable price. However, the sites I've searched lately don't have any stock left. I think every caliber is getting gobbled up. There are forums dedicated to this particular model with a large following..........I can't find anything to complain about with the ones I own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts