Survivalist Forum banner

Mak 90

4661 18
Does anybody know if a like new MAK 90 with 700 rounds of ammo for 450$ is a good deal?

The rifle alone is 350$.

I'm guessing yes.
Reactions: Tokarev 40
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Ham Extra Class
3,271 Posts
To the OP is the buttstock where the wood meets the metal reciever slanted or straight up or and down?
The straight up and down cut reciever I hear is worth more and is more rare.
This is just hear say I heard, I'm not a MAK 90 guru.
Maybe someone else can chime in and shed light on this?

· Fun Guy
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To the OP is the buttstock where the wood meets the metal reciever slanted or straight up or and down?
The straight up and down cut reciever I hear is worth more and is more rare.
This is just hear say I heard, I'm not a MAK 90 guru.
Maybe someone else can chime in and shed light on this?
I don't know about stock.

I'm going to buy the rifle without the ammo.

· Registered
94 Posts
It's a Great Deal

In my opinion, the Chinese Norinco Mak 90 is the cream of the crop in a budget assault rifle... I own two and I'm very pleased with them.

I do not think you can beat a Mak 90 in good shape for $500... maybe a little more.

$350 is an absolute steal.

I also own two AR's and a bolt action 308 but there's no doubt what rifle I'd want in a tough spot... Mak 90 all the way.

You don't see a lot of posts where people regret letting a rifle go... you see folks lamenting parting with Norinco's though... Folks got em for $199 in the box in the mid 90's... or so I understand.

An ATK left side folder is the cat's meow if you shoot left handed.

I like to line up potato's at 50 yards and fire standing offhand... bad news for the potato's.

You're buying a heavier receiver than almost any other stamped AK... 50% thicker at 1.5mm... and you're getting a heavy profile barrel that's chrome lined.

These are hellfore stout rifles built to last.

The original furniture sucks... but you're probably gonna replace it with US parts and throw in a Tapco double hook trigger. If memory serves me, that's enough US parts to make you legal again... but make sure and do your homework.

· Have gun,will travel
4,539 Posts
Buy it! You wont come across a deal like that again anytime soon.

· Have gun,will travel
4,539 Posts
Got it.

Here she is.

Congrats! I really kick myself for selling my old MAK a long time ago. It's a great rifle. They are very highly regarded in the AK world. It should serve you well! :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.