Survivalist Forum banner

Mak 90 value

22398 18
I have a lead on Norinco MAK 90 for 500 is this a good deal? I know that they have thicker receivers and heavy barrels but not musch else.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
While I am not a firearms apprasial expert, gunbroker has one (in nice condition) going for $505 as of now. It started at a buck.

Cheapest AKs in general run around $400 as-is, that would be for a WASR... Norinco I know is pretty well respected... I would get it if I was you (and it wouldnt put a super dent in your wallet).

You can always sell it to me if you dont like it :)

· Registered
10 Posts
450-500 is a fair price for norinco mak 90. Only problem I encountered was the thumbhole stock issue and the slant cut receiver. I would try to find a mak with a straight cut receiver like the normal stamped ak has. A regular buttstock will interchange with slant cut receiver but u will see a gap and it will visually look retarded..

· Registered
8,226 Posts
450-500 is a fair price for norinco mak 90. Only problem I encountered was the thumbhole stock issue and the slant cut receiver. I would try to find a mak with a straight cut receiver like the normal stamped ak has. A regular buttstock will interchange with slant cut receiver but u will see a gap and it will visually look retarded..
thats not necessarily true for all butt stocks. the wooden ones yes but not the synthetic ones you can get butt stocks that is made for them and they fit just fine. you just got to get the right ones :thumb:

http://stores.polytechparts.com/-strse-561/AKS-dsh-762-dsh-SP/Detail.bok

this stock covers the rounded end of the reciever and it fits just fine

http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-36-ak-fiberforce-stock.aspx

http://www.redstararms.com/

if it is in good to new condition then its a fair deal :thumb:

· Registered
671 Posts
How can you tell a milled reciever? I picked one up at a gunshow last week. A Norinco and a case of ammo and 5 mags. 1 metal, 4 tapco.
If you paid under a grand, it's probably a stamped receiver or you robbed someone. Anyhow, the easiest way to tell is by looking at the indention near the magazine on the receiver. Stamped receivers are generally circle or oval in shape while a Milled AK receiver has a large rectangular indention.

more info with pictures:

http://www.ak-47.us/AK-47Receivers.php

As for the Mak90, keep in mind Norincos was actually produced in China for exporting. This means their built using original Chinese made receivers...not to mention by the same plant building the famous Type 56 AK47.

· "Don't look in the box"
657 Posts
How can you tell a milled reciever? I picked one up at a gunshow last week. A Norinco and a case of ammo and 5 mags. 1 metal, 4 tapco.
Ok... A "Milled receiver" is basically a chunk of metal (Blank, solid bar)that has been "MACHINED",and milled out to a certain specification
A stamped receiver is a sheet metal piece that has been folded and spot welded to meet requirements!
Please do some research before you post your ignorance!
Sorry for those that think I'm "Rash" but it is time to clean out this board and the trolls/Narcs that come with it!!! no offense to the OP,K?

Attachments

· Banned
6,705 Posts
If you paid under a grand, it's probably a stamped receiver or you robbed someone. Anyhow, the easiest way to tell is by looking at the indention near the magazine on the receiver. Stamped receivers are generally circle or oval in shape while a Milled AK receiver has a large rectangular indention.

more info with pictures:

http://www.ak-47.us/AK-47Receivers.php

As for the Mak90, keep in mind Norincos was actually produced in China for exporting. This means their built using original Chinese made receivers...not to mention by the same plant building the famous Type 56 AK47.
Thanks for the info. It is stamped....I did pay $550 and a used Benchmade knife for it though.

· Banned
6,705 Posts
Ok... A "Milled receiver" is basically a chunk of metal (Blank, solid bar)that has been "MACHINED",and milled out to a certain specification
A stamped receiver is a sheet metal piece that has been folded and spot welded to meet requirements!
Please do some research before you post your ignorance!
Sorry for those that think I'm "Rash" but it is time to clean out this board and the trolls/Narcs that come with it!!! no offense to the OP,K?
I know what a milled reciever is. I just wished to know how to accertain the difference....!

· Registered
225 Posts
I got one this month. Got lucky and got it for cheap. Cherry condition.. Well, anyways it was made in the early 90's. Only been fired once, from what the previous owner told me. He had put on the traditional AK stock and pistol grip. It does have the slant cut receiver, doesn't effect the functionality of it though.

· Registered
4,984 Posts
I got one this month. Got lucky and got it for cheap. Cherry condition.. Well, anyways it was made in the early 90's. Only been fired once, from what the previous owner told me. He had put on the traditional AK stock and pistol grip. It does have the slant cut receiver, doesn't effect the functionality of it though.
Make sure your MAK is 922r compliant. If it is truly a MAK-90 then it sold new with the wood thumbhole stock and bayonet lug ground off. Installing the standard AK grip in place of the original thumbhole stock without sufficient 922r compliant parts means it violates federal law. Just do a Google search if you are unfamiliar with the requirements. And Tapco makes all of the 922r compliant parts...fyi.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.