Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
6 Boys and 13 Hands
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Major League Baseball must permanently retire ‘God Bless America,’ a song that offends everyone

Guess who??? Yeah Gersh Kuntzman. Is his name ever appropriate.
The song still embodies great things about America, but also our worst things: self-righteousness, forced piety, earnest self-reverence, foam.
So this July 4, join me at the Church of Baseball by not rising and not doffing your cap for a song that is not the national anthem of a nation that is not uniquely blessed by some deity that doesn’t exist anyway.
What a total oxygen thief.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Major League Baseball must permanently retire ‘God Bless America,’ a song that offends everyone

Its the same wimp that could not handle a AR-15: http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=525361

I think that he is using satire just to stir up anything he can.:whip:

Here is his list of stories: http://www.nydailynews.com/authors?author=Gersh-Kuntzman

He even complains about Goats :eek: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/goat-labor-city-parks-blatantly-anti-human-article-1.2685542

What else would you expect from the New York Daily News

But he is still a punk.:headshake::xeye::headshake::xeye::headshake:

TBlake
'Tony'

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,826 Posts
I don't take any offense to "God Bless America" whatsoever! Regardless of my lack of faith, I absolutely do not side with those who must control what we say and do. In fact, my grandfather, also a non believer, as he was in the hospital with severe fibrillation, dying, was singing "God Bless America" at the top of his lungs! He never finished the song, he collapsed and died.

·
Ultranationalist
12,877 Posts
I don't take any offense to "God Bless America" whatsoever! Regardless of my lack of faith, I absolutely do not side with those who must control what we say and do. In fact, my grandfather, also a non believer, as he was in the hospital with severe fibrillation, dying, was singing "God Bless America" at the top of his lungs! He never finished the song, he collapsed and died.
I'm sorry for your loss but I have to say that is a pretty awesome way to go.

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,826 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss but I have to say that is a pretty awesome way to go.
Yeah, in my mind, it was beyond "epic" and fitting of the hero he was. He was really annoying everyone in the hospital, they kept telling him to shut up. He ignored them!

And, may God bless America!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
That song is nothing more than a cheesy show tune, no reason to remove the hat(not national Anthem) or place hand on heart(not the pledge), nothing more than faux patriotism. Now if we were serious it would be Battle Hymn Of The Republic.

·
Clueless
646 Posts
He's just another who believes his own words are worth something.

And can you blame him? He does get paid to write that claptrap. :confused:

The shame is that he and many others actually believe that drivel and refuse to pull there heads out of where the sun don't shine.

It's a stinking song for Gods sake. But folks of his ilk are dead set against anyone in this world enjoying themselves.

Doom and Gloom my friends. It's all about Doom and Gloom. :eek::

·
Corpsman Up
2,940 Posts
While I believe in a God, and I'm an American, I don't see any of God's blessings showering down upon us. In fact, I see far more curses than blessings on our national horizon.
Agreed but also view the current times as a test to our resolve and commitment to the experiment of freedom. The majority of the world's population have lived under oppression, slavery, and dictatorship. The November election will determine the future of many elements of our freedom. I'm not confident that either candidate will answer the call of the People.

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
It's like the de-motivation poster that notes even morons serve a useful purpose as bad examples: This guys crap serves as a reminder of the need for the First Amendment.

Simultaneously he serves to inspire us to work harder to protect the Second Amendment......

(As if we needed more reminders of the number of people out there who truly feel the same way this guy feels...and I do believe this clown is quite serious.)

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,040 Posts

What a moron.

'God Bless America' during Baseball games was pretty much a temporary thing after September 11th. I think only the Yankees play it regularly now.
Most other teams dropped it except on special holidays(if that). They didn't drop it because it was 'offensive' or some ludicrous garbage like that. They dropped it because the song sucks. Just like Kuntzman.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts