Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this water? It came in 4.2oz packages and it's US coast guard approved. They taste kind of wierd. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
nope. I do buy a lot of bottled water though because my well water is really bad even with a softener. If its not one thing its another, on the news they were saying that the plastic from water bottles leaches chemicals into water.

Big surprise. I think it may be impossible to find uncontaminated water or food anymore. I predict that our current elderly are the last generation to live longest. We will start to see a steady decline in longevity rates from here on out due to all the toxic materials that make their way into our system.

·
1,794 Posts
I had included some of these packets in my preparation supplies long ago. They have since been discarded or used up without replacement. Reasons? Each contains too lttle water. You have to use several to quench a thirst. They are an expensive way to store water. Since they are an expensive means of storing water they do not get rotated enough and after a while the water tastes strange. I am in the same boat as Anne. The well water here is pretty bad (sulphur) so bottled water is used extensively. A large quantity of bottled spring water is kept on hand and rotated frequently. IMO one would be better off getting some cases of bottled water or, if your water is good, maintain a supply of your own using storage methods discussed in other threads.

·
I travel light
2,030 Posts
Why don´t you try some filtering

nope. I do buy a lot of bottled water though because my well water is really bad even with a softener. If its not one thing its another, on the news they were saying that the plastic from water bottles leaches chemicals into water.

Big surprise. I think it may be impossible to find uncontaminated water or food anymore. I predict that our current elderly are the last generation to live longest. We will start to see a steady decline in longevity rates from here on out due to all the toxic materials that make their way into our system.
Anne36, do you have some filtering? I mean stone filtering can help, and if that does not work, then add a distillation process and mixing with some parts of non-distilled water. This is not that hard really, at least for safe drinking water. Distillation purifies deeply any chemical agents off the water.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have 5 6 gallon glass carboys for water storage. They are used for making wine or beer but store water just fine. I just filter my well water through a Brita and pour it in. A coupla drops of sanitizer keep the bacteria out. Sanitizer is used in beer/wine making too. I do need to get some yeast that will last long term for soda making and beer too!

Bobo

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
I agree, they taste funny and are too small and too expensive.
Get a good filter and some food grade containers.

·
Team Lauren 2010
410 Posts
I have not purchased any yet. I considered it then realized how many I would need for just the minimum supply of water recommended for 3 days. As far as the funny taste some people keep things like Kool Aid in the tub (already has sugar in it) or lemonade to mix in the water to take care of the taste.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have water stored in containers and cases of bottled water already. I just bought these to keep as another alternative. I actually have Iced T to mix with it. I just thought they would be a good solution for long term water storage for my vehicle setup or bugout bag. I might just use them to heatup my MREs, brush my teeth, etc. I'll keep the stuff that tastes good for drinking :cool:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I just can't justify paying for such little things. To me, they are just snake oil that they try to push on 72 hour survival kit websites. Your better off with normal size bottles or using 2 liter soda containers and keeping them in a cool dark place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts