Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cold Water Kayaker
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We should thank them as well......

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=105363&catid=2

BANGOR (NEWS CENTER) -- The Maine Troop Greeters celebrate their six year anniversary of greeting at the Bangor International Airport this month.

Sunday the troop greeters celebrated the occasion with an open house at the troop greeter room in the airport. In the past six years, the greeters have met 4,000 flights and seen more than 800,000 troops. Visitors to the troop greeter room got a chance to check out the greeters' collection of flags, pennants, hats and pictures.

Many of the greeters say the past six years of work has been rewarding.

"I'm a Vietnam veteran and obviously we didn't have anything close to this when I came home but for me I'm a father and I'm a grandfather and it means a lot to me to be able to say ok I'm going to be able to represent the fathers," said Tom Kohl, chairman of the Maine Troop Greeters.

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
I have family in that area that do this. One of my cousins is a Marine and ever since he joined up his parents greet every flight they can.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Good Job, Maine Troop Greeters
thank you

·
Noman
903 Posts
They were there to greet us when we flew back into the states. I gotta tell you they sure do an amazing job at making you feel good, and proud to be an American. They are awesome. Bangor Maine seemed like heaven while we waited for our next flight.

·
Registered
882 Posts
we flew into TX. after our deployment and its the best feeling in the world to step off the plain and see all your fellow countrymen welcome you back, thats when it really sets in. the people that welcome troops back leave a big impresion on us all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts