Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Deplorable and 3%
6,656 Posts

·
10,548 Posts
How does it apply to out of staters?
I'de like to know if now I can go to Maine, as here in Vermont we also don't require permits, but it sucks because we don't get reciprocity in the permit states so I can never leave the state.

·
Registered
920 Posts
This seems to be the new trend everywhere.

The issue is out of control crime everywhere.

The answer is to keep and bear arms in your home and on your person at all times.

Some of the state legislatures are getting very smart.

Others, like California, Illinois, and New York, remain in stupidity.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Too bad FL doesn't have Constitutional carry, no one should have to obtain a permit to exercise a right!
That should be true everywhere, however Scalia and the 4 justices with him who are all pro-gun believe that the states should be able to make their own rules, and that states' rights are more important than the 2nd Amendment.

Ergo all nine of the justices are stupid and cannot read plain English.

·
ΙΧΘΥΣ
9,746 Posts
Five stars because your thread title was explanatory of the contents and was enough to tell us what the article was about. In addition, the link contained information that Maine has gone the Constitutional carry route. :thumb:

Thanks for posting!

I wish Kentucky would go this route. As more states do, perhaps the reciprocity of permits will become unnecessary.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'de like to know if now I can go to Maine, as here in Vermont we also don't require permits, but it sucks because we don't get reciprocity in the permit states so I can never leave the state.
Yes, it applies to non-residents as well.

It will not become law until 90 days after the Legislature adjourns, so you will have to wait until October.

Too bad New Hampshire's governor just vetoed theirs.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a link???? It really irks me when people do this.
I am sure this is a very important topic, so why didn't you take any time or put any effort whatsoever into a comment? Maybe you couldn't be bothered because it is not so important??? One star man, one star only. :mad:
Go get yourself a big box of Midol, dude.

The title of the posting was clear. Moreover, the forum regulations here are also very clear about not duplicating material.

·
Deplorable and 3%
6,656 Posts
The main reason for only a link is copyright issues. Some sources refuse to allow copying of their material even within legal allowances, so it is best to skip their hassle and just post a link.
LOL, copyright prevents you from saying what you think about a topic? I am not interested in a copy/paste situation. I want the poster to tell us why I should spend my time following their link.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Just a link???? It really irks me when people do this.
I am sure this is a very important topic, so why didn't you take any time or put any effort whatsoever into a comment? Maybe you couldn't be bothered because it is not so important??? One star man, one star only. :mad:
Essentially: "any lawful gun owner over the age of 21 may carry a concealed handgun without first being required to obtain a permit."

Pros: No list of permit holders to be used for nefarious purposes.
Cons: No training requirement.

·
Last Frontiersman
1,873 Posts
Essentially: "any lawful gun owner over the age of 21 may carry a concealed handgun without first being required to obtain a permit."

Do tell, why is "no training requirement" a con?

Should we have a training requirement before you can exercise your freedom of speech? Assembly? How about religion?

·
Last Frontiersman
1,873 Posts
I lived and carried in Vermont for several years. Vermont is the only Constitutional Carry state that doesn't retain the option of acquiring a permit for purposes of reciprocity.

In your case, do some research into which nonresident permit is recognized by the most states, and go get that one. I seem to recall that Utah and Texas both have nonresident licenses that many states recognize, though that may have changed.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The training issue is moot.

Here in Maine, open carry is legal, and has been legal. The only requirement is you must be legally allowed to possess a firearm....there is no training requirement to open carry.

However, if you were to put a jacket on and cover your openly carried firearm, you will be breaking the law. The passage of this bill takes care of that.

The permit system is not going away. There will still be permits issued to those who want to get one. Reciprocity, Gun Free School Zone carry, and state parks are some reasons to continue to get a permit.

·
off-grid organic farmer
24,533 Posts

???

There is no law requiring 'training' now.

Every town selectman is authorized to issue CCW permits. Some do and some do not.

If your town selectman refuses to do his job, then you may go to the State Police. The State Police have their own policies, and they require you to show that you have had some form of 'training'. But there is no law requiring it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.