Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magpul announced a 60 round drum magazine at the 2015 showshot.

I am very tempted to pick one up just for the fun of it.

·
Marine Veteran
240 Posts
The MSRP is a little high. Fanboys will buy them up in bulk when they first come out, and that's cool.

I'll wait until the price comes down (and it will) before I buy a couple to play with.

I'm more interested in the "Sand" colored M3 and D60 PMags. Now you can dye them any color you want.

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
Cool concept but with a retail price of $129 that's a lot of 30 rounders @ $8 to $10 a pop.
and surefire also makes a quad stack 60 rounder for like 5 bucks cheaper that fits in normal double mag pouches.

where i think magpul edges out the competition is probably in reliability, i have a KCI 100 round drum, but its not horribly practical and i wouldnt rely on it, if i need high capacity i will stick with the surefire, or ill just go with two magpul 40 rounders that have been attached with a doubler....

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,829 Posts
Has anyone heard why Magpul has not started shipping these yet? Some sites are showing the status as "overdue."

·
Registered
125 Posts
The 129.00 price is to high. I can get 40 round pmags for about $18 per.

Magpul priced the drum about 60 bucks too much.

If I really wanted a 60 round mag I could get the surefire for about $69 per.

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,829 Posts
The 129.00 price is to high. I can get 40 round pmags for about $18 per.

Magpul priced the drum about 60 bucks too much.

If I really wanted a 60 round mag I could get the surefire for about $69 per.
I don't know anyone that has had them for sale yet so who knows what the real price will be once the novelty wears off, assuming that it actually ever ships. I suspect that they are still having issues with them.

BTW. do you have a link for the Surefire for that price? The cheapest I know of is over $100.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know anyone that has had them for sale yet so who knows what the real price will be once the novelty wears off, assuming that it actually ever ships. I suspect that they are still having issues with them.

BTW. do you have a link for the Surefire for that price? The cheapest I know of is over $100.
Here you go...
https://www.botach.com/surefire-mag5-60-ar15-m4-5-56mm-60rd-magazines/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts