Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all...

On Sunday past, I was at an auction, and one thing and another, I dropped my car key / remote into some long grass & tall weeds on the off side where I had parked...

Announcements made, no results, me on my knees scratching through the stems & grass & weeds, the owner pitched up with a big magnet, <about 400mm long * 250mm wide ontop of which he had <length ways> epoxy glued an axle & two small wheels, and a shaft that served as a handle was welded to the axle @ 90 deg.... (Think that about describes it, unsophisticated, plain & simple)

1;2;3 key's found....

Thought that was a brilliant idea.... Obviously not the first customer that's dropped keys in one of the many grassy car-parking areas...

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
And also,live 1 block from the beach in Fl.,lot of people with metal detectors,they tell me people will pay to help find lost keys

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Eeek !
I live 600? Km's from any blooming beach !..:cry::cry:

strange ----- I'm responsible for the assembly of the only certified waterproof cable joiner for rip-cord & 3 core up to 8mm OD..... "EXTEND-O-CORD" <you can google that>

It uses 6 of 3mm screws...... They come from Austria in PKTS of 45 000 ------

YIP, you guessed it............... I've had a few pkts dropped ------ 45 000 of them little buggers every-where... :eek: First time ws a bloody nightmare ----- Now I keep a humongous speaker magnet in the assembly factory for just that... 😁

One doesn't think to use that to find lost keys......

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Morning all...

On Sunday past, I was at an auction, and one thing and another, I dropped my car key / remote into some long grass & tall weeds on the off side where I had parked...

Announcements made, no results, me on my knees scratching through the stems & grass & weeds, the owner pitched up with a big magnet, <about 400mm long * 250mm wide ontop of which he had <length ways> epoxy glued an axle & two small wheels, and a shaft that served as a handle was welded to the axle @ 90 deg.... (Think that about describes it, unsophisticated, plain & simple)

1;2;3 key's found....

Thought that was a brilliant idea.... Obviously not the first customer that's dropped keys in one of the many grassy car-parking areas...
a roofing supply has several models. Home Depot carry’s a 12” magnet on a telescoping handle that is handy, but the roofing supply places have much more capiable units.

if you got enough hard drives you could make your own.

·
Indefatigable
20,536 Posts
We used one in the OR to find needles that were dropped. We have to count all of those at the end of case and if even one is missing a crew tears up the room to find it before we can close the patient. In the cases where the needles might be the size of an eyelash we had a gigantic lint roller like device.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts