Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Double edged sword here. The Pope wants to reach out as hungry unemployed continue to suffer!

I think the church would serve the people better (Spain too) if they held off and put that money to better use!

It's no different than here really! People in need while our political parties spend millions on campaigns!

Go figure, people would much rather donate money to a political candidate then to donate to a legitimate charity!

Sad really.........

:confused:

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Given the Catholic Roman churches abysmal track record in Sapin the should perhaps tone it down a bit...

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Anti-Catholic bigots can go suck an egg.
It´s not about biggotry, it´s about a country that saw the Church collaborate with the fascists and in many instances go way beyond that. There are cases, and plnety too, where the villiage priest pointed out to the Falangists who was to be executed.

To this day the Church hasn´t reiteraded their stance and still to this very day the Spsnish Catholic church regards the Civil War a crusade against the enemies of God.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
"Anti-Catholic bigots can go suck an egg."

Be happy to. Is the pretentious pedophilic pope of hypocrisy passing them out?. Doubt it.

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,850 Posts
From the article:

"But for many the celebration is jarring at time when the economy is faltering, the government is making painful cuts and unemployment is at 20.89 percent. For those under 25, the jobless rate is over 45 percent."

I believe that is higher than Depression-era levels in the '30's.

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
[ ... ] To this day the Church hasn´t reiteraded their stance and still to this very day the Spsnish Catholic church regards the Civil War a crusade against the enemies of God.
That figures since 12% of the clergy was butchered, and most of that was done during the first six months of the war. Nearly 1/2 the churches were destroyed.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
From the article:

I believe that is higher than Depression-era levels in the '30's.
Those stats are bad but should be looked upon against the backdrop of "regular" unemployment in Spain. The Spanish democracy (1975-present day) hasn´t ever had unemployment below 9.2%.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
That figures since 12% of the clergy was butchered, and most of that was done during the first six months of the war. Nearly 1/2 the churches were destroyed.
First of all, two wrongs don´t make one right. And the behaviour of the Church during the war was a pretty far cry from christian and should be a reason for shame to this day.
Secondly, this is a simplistic view of the matter as if the Church reacted against the horrible acts by the red hordes. This is not the case, the Church sided with Franco since day one.
Further, have you ever pondered just why there was such a bottomless hate against the clergy?

Kind regards;

The guy whose fathers villiage church was vandalized by the red milicias.

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
Despierto said:
[ ... ] To this day the Church hasn´t reiteraded their stance and still to this very day the Spsnish Catholic church regards the Civil War a crusade against the enemies of God.
First of all, two wrongs don´t make one right. [ ... ]
Where have I made any statement in this regard? Please reread your statement to which I responded.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Where have I made any statement in this regard? Please reread your statement to which I responded.
I´m not saying that you said anything. I´m just saying that regardless of what the clergy was subjected to they should admit their wrongdoing and their violently un-christian behaviour.

That the so-called republican side (el bando rojo) behaved unspeakably is not argued by me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts