Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved to West Texas a few months back. Left the craziness of KC behind for a little slower life. Only problem we have is finding as many options for gear and supplies. It seems most of my searches for things such as used plastic drums want to take me all the way to Austin or San Antonio. Isn't there anywhere between Abilene and San Angelo that sells 55 gal plastic barrels?

·
Banned
17,612 Posts
Was looking around online and it looks like Pepsi closed it's Abilene bottling plant last spring, so no luck there.

Are there other bottling plants in your area? Abilene, San Angelo?

ETA if you are looking for potable and/or non potable water storage tanks, there should be a Tractor Supply Company store near you somewhere, and they carry various sizes of tanks but I don't think anything as small as 55 gal. And if you want something and they don't have it in stock, they will get it for you at no charge.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
My local hospital gets their laundry soap in barrels that they let people have once their empty. For metal drums a fuel dealer usually has empties he will sell.

SD

·
Registered
10 Posts
We moved to West Texas a few months back. Left the craziness of KC behind for a little slower life. Only problem we have is finding as many options for gear and supplies. It seems most of my searches for things such as used plastic drums want to take me all the way to Austin or San Antonio. Isn't there anywhere between Abilene and San Angelo that sells 55 gal plastic barrels?
There is a place called west texas drum in Midland Texas they do manufacture food grade barrels, they sold us some used jalapeño barrels 432_569-0149

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a plastic manufacturing company in Sweetwater on the north side of I-20. They may have some 55gallon drums or something else you can use.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Plastic drums

In Abilene you can buy them at.....Taylors Army Surplus on N 1st, Acco feed on S 11th and Jackson Bros feed on S Treadway these places carry a variety of sizes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You're not going to stay in West Texas all the time are you? I mean, you're going to travel around a bit, right? If so, you can buy 55 gallon food-grade barrels all over the state. The next time you're out-and-about, plan your trip with a stop-off at one of the retailers.

For example, there's a place in Austin who buys and sells plastic barrels.
http://buysellbarrels.com/#

Or you can do like I did and order them on the internet and have them delivered to your door!

-Happy Hunting!

·
Old but Learning
16 Posts
I have found that http://davethebarrelman.net/ in San Antonio is the best source for me and its a 5 hour drive to get there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
FWIW I know a guy in SE Texas that sells food grade barrels and the big 275gal totes as a side business. I'd have to find his name/# to post. It's been a while since I did business with him.

·
desertratpreppers.com
94 Posts
Your libel to find more totes for sale here in West Texas then barrels. Most preppers and militant groups are using more totes and they are the barrels.

·
Registered
940 Posts
With all of the oil production going on in Midland/Odessa there should not be a problem finding just about anything you want. I have seen tons of that stuff for sale just passing thru on I-20 over the years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're just barely in west Texas, which starts at Abilene and goes to El Paso.
West Texas Drum Company between Odessa and Midland have clean steel and plastic
55 gallon drums for sale.

ol' Lawrence in Verhalen, Tx Reeves county
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts