Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a scope mount for my M1A. I was thinking that there may have been something that came along lately that was rock solid, but not too expensive.

Also, any recommendations for 20 rd mags? Again, prices change so frequently I want something recent.

Thanks!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I watched several Youtube vids. on the mount, and I have 3 questions: Is the back up rear site the small hole in the stock end of the mount? Is the back up site adjustable?
Is it difficult to remove the mount and return the rifle to its original sight system?

Thanks

·
RIP America 1776-2012
1,953 Posts
Check Mate or USGI for the mags.

On one of my M1A's I have a leatherwood mount that I'm extremely happy with, though if you can afford it the Sadlak Industries mount is considered to be the best.

III ~ Peaceful, but prepared.

"Obama, the skid-mark in the underwear of American history."
- J.R.L. -

·
Concerned
897 Posts
For magazines, like everyone else has said, go with the CMI mags...they are the best currently made and current USGI (the older USGI from the Vietnam era producers were the best ever made, but be careful there are a lot of counterfeits on the market and some are hard to tell apart from the real ones...if you're that interested send me a private message for advice, if just looking for good mags then buy the CMI ones, or the ones marked BRW or BRW S-1 - both are CMI, but from a much earlier production run and usually cheaper than the current CMI...CMI is the supplier of magazines to Springfield Armory

For scope mounts there are a lot of options out there, but i personally think the SEI mount is the best available: http://www.smithenterprise.com/products03.03.html

Its not cheap, but is very very high quality...Just a lil FYI, you may have to have the mount professionally installed depending on the make of your M1A...some of the manufacturers over the years did not have specs like the scope mount bolt hole or the stripper clip guide 100% correct and you only notice it when you have a scope on the rifle and trying to hit distant targets.

·
Hovercraft Pilot, Retired
2,012 Posts
As mentioned and confirmed, CMI mags are what you want.

I've tried several and settled on the m14.ca CASM mount.
It is rock solid, and the new ones even have a built in backup rear sight so you dont loose the irons completely.
Mine is a Gen I without the iron sight tunnel and I still love it.

I've tried scope mounts from SEI, SAGE and LaRue on my M14 EBRs.
All are very good, but it's hard to beat the CASM from M14.ca

1 - 9 of 9 Posts