Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
i have been here less than a week and with that i was taught the only stupid question was the question that you didn't ask. i have a very little background in guns compared to most here, i own a few and carry one(sig p220r), i have been wanting to get a springfield armory m1a for a few months (even before i stumbled across this site...thankfully), reading the account of blackhawk down where the delta sniper used a old m14 even in the face of ridicule by his peers for the knockdown factor made me want to get something that went beyond the 223.

what kind of ammo does it take? .308 / 7.62x51 or 7.62X39

please be kind
and

does anyone anywhere make a magazine to fit the new era of browning bar rifles? all i have seen was the 5 round mag that comes with the rifle... that would be a sweet battle rifle if i could find 20 or 30 rnd mags for it.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
you can use the standard 308 cal rifle ammo-or 7.62-x-51.mm rifle just make sure you have a mil spec chamber for military ammo ..if i remember right on that rifle ..any standard 308 round will work in the rifle..for self defense shooting i would use the horandy tap rifle ammo it goods for self defense ..or try to find the ammo the rifle like the best and stock up on it

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
If you get a standard M1A don't use any .308 thats bigger than 168grains.other than that it will eat any commercial hunting round or surplus on the market.

Reactions: family man

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
On your question about the Higher capacity magazines, I tried Google, (Browning BAR magazines) just for grins and all that I tooka fast look at were 3 or 4 rounders...Pretty expensive too!

You might try an do a little more extensive search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts