Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Awesome
17,447 Posts
i hate that they call it the M&P 2.0, they should just call it a second gen M&P, M&P2, or M&P MKII.. but 2.0?.. its not software and it makes them sound like theyre trying to sound hip iwth the internet crowd which is retarded

other than that, if any polymer pistol will unseat glock it'll be the M&P.. i really like the glock 19L conversions (17 slide on a 19 frame).. i wonder if an M&P 2.0 full size upper can fit on the compact

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i hate that they call it the M&P 2.0, they should just call it a second gen M&P, M&P2, or M&P MKII.. but 2.0?.. its not software and it makes them sound like theyre trying to sound hip iwth the internet crowd which is retarded

other than that, if any polymer pistol will unseat glock it'll be the M&P
I agree on the 2.0 naming lol, My M2.0 4.25" in 9mm feel so much better in hand then a Glock. My wife loves the M&P line lol.

·
Awesome
17,447 Posts
while i do think the M&P 2.0 has much better ergos and a better trigger, its really hard to ignore just how common G19 and G19 parts and accessories are which is a real advantage for a wrol/shtf weapon you may end up needing to make repairs on

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
while i do think the M&P 2.0 has much better ergos and a better trigger, its really hard to ignore just how common G19 and G19 parts and accessories are which is a real advantage for a wrol/shtf weapon you may end up needing to make repairs on

Honestly not worried about small parts for a hand gun, I'll have to see IF its possible to order M2.0 small parts somewhere. Theres always that theory 3 is 2, 2 is 1 and 1 is none lol.

·
Awesome
17,447 Posts
i still think glock has more to offer especially if you consider aftermarket frames that greatly improve on ergos (lone wolf, polymer 80, etc) and the aftermarket triggers out there.. the M&P trigger is better stock, than a stock glock trigger but an aftermarket trigger would surpass it. granted you could get the same type of trigger upgrade for the M&P, the end result of both upgraded triggers would in all likeliness just break even

·
Deplorable
4,356 Posts
Honestly not worried about small parts for a hand gun, I'll have to see IF its possible to order M2.0 small parts somewhere. Theres always that theory 3 is 2, 2 is 1 and 1 is none lol.
If parts aren't readily available, you can buy one as your primary, a second as a backup to the primary, and a third to cannibalize. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I started out with a 1911 then got the bug for a plastic pistol and tried my best to play for team Glock but just couldn't get the grip angle and Glock trigger thing. I gave up on the Glocks and tried an M&P, I'll say nothing compares to a 1911 to me but the M&P lineup is as close as I can get The triggers do suck out of the box but with a few parts from Apex they do rock.
I have a 9 ported pro with a Burris ff3 it has the Apex FSS kit with aluminum trigger, a 40 pro with the FSS/aluminum trigger and a M&P compact in .357 as my daily carry. All 3 have been 100% reliable, easy to shoot, accurate, and just great guns for me.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I started out with a 1911 then got the bug for a plastic pistol and tried my best to play for team Glock but just couldn't get the grip angle and Glock trigger thing. I gave up on the Glocks and tried an M&P, I'll say nothing compares to a 1911 to me but the M&P lineup is as close as I can get The triggers do suck out of the box but with a few parts from Apex they do rock.
I have a 9 ported pro with a Burris ff3 it has the Apex FSS kit with aluminum trigger, a 40 pro with the FSS/aluminum trigger and a M&P compact in .357 as my daily carry. All 3 have been 100% reliable, easy to shoot, accurate, and just great guns for me.

Whats the actual grip angle in a 1911, 18 degrees?

·
Awesome
17,447 Posts
Whats the actual grip angle in a 1911, 18 degrees?
20 degrees from vertical i believe, 22 for the glock, 15 for the M&P.. or something like that, of all grips ive had the most comfortable grip on anything, is the tapco SAW style grip on my AKs.. they have pretty much an identical grip angle to the glocks, but its that hump on the back of the grip that throws things off, not the grip angle itself

when you fill in the cavity on a glock grip and remove that hump, if done right i find it to be quite ergonomic then, i just do not want to pay $500 for a glock and then start cutting and grinding up the irreplacable, serialized component

·
Start up the rotors
7,663 Posts
Might be a pretty cool gun, I know when I was looking at 'compact' 9's it came down to the G19 and the M&P9c. The Smith just didn't do it for me, was smaller than the Glock (end of the grip hit me in an uncomfortable place in my palm), and had lower capacity.
This 2.0 is different. Looks bigger, holds 15 with a 4" barrel. Sounds like a Glock 19...

If they had done this 5-10 years ago, maybe they'd have made a dent. But now? This market niche is so saturated, and the Glock 19 is still the Glock 19.
I hope it's a success for Smith, but I'm guessing they're just a little late to the game.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
20 degrees from vertical i believe, 22 for the glock, 15 for the M&P.. or something like that, of all grips ive had the most comfortable grip on anything, is the tapco SAW style grip on my AKs.. they have pretty much an identical grip angle to the glocks, but its that hump on the back of the grip that throws things off, not the grip angle itself

when you fill in the cavity on a glock grip and remove that hump, if done right i find it to be quite ergonomic then, i just do not want to pay $500 for a glock and then start cutting and grinding up the irreplacable, serialized component

I have Hogue & Magpul on my AKs. :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts