Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's snowing outside right now. Yet on Saturday, it was moderately warm for the season, and I wasn't the only one feeling it. I extracted a rather large deer tick from my back. Unfortunately, not expecting ticks in january, I didn;t even look for one, instead; stumbling upon it at about 9:30 at night as I got ready for bed.

The bullseye has already appeared and to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. Almost a decade without anti-biotics and I get lyme disease. It's not a big deal, odds are I'll be given a 2 week run of antibiotics and it'll be taken care of, but just another thing I have to deal with.

I'm going to the rural health clinic today to have them look at it, will post more info tonight, and can post pictures of the nasty once I find my card reader.

-g

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clinic opens in 50 minutes... Its funny, in an area where I am concered with interactions between my animals and the native animals (bears, foxes, cougars, rattlesnakes) I never expected to actually get a lyme tick. Oh well. As it goes, right?

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks hog! Got the tick out that night. The problem was the ring-like irritation that occured. The doc and I had a great talk today. Turns out that the occurances of Lyme disease in this county are only known due to the university studies and occurrence of lyme disease here is less than .01%. Not a big deal. he liked my pictures, and said judging from the appearance of the tick, it had not been in me long enough to transmit the disease if it did have it. Still, he gave me an open ended prescription for tetracycline should I develop a secondary rash in the next week or two. Hopefully, I'm all clear!

Whoo hoo. Now I just need to worry about my speeding ticket, the exploded toyota and the tie-rod on the chevy. It's been a nightmare month for cars round here.

-g

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.